Class 1 Nickel & Technologies
Working Towards Nickel-Cobalt Sulfide Production
Class 1 Nickel & Technologies (CSE:NICO,OTCQB: NICLF) is a Canadian resource company focused on the development of its 100 percent-owned Alexo Dundonald project, which includes two past-producing high-grade nickel sulfide mines in Ontario. The Company also owns 100 percent interest in the Somanike komatiite hosted nickel copper project in Quebec, which includes the famous Marbridge Mine.
The Alexo-Dundonald project is a past production operation (with historical 2.0 – 4.0 percent nickel head grade) with four high-grade nickel sulfide deposits hosting a total Indicated Mineral Resources of 1.25 million indicated tonnes at 1.0 percent and 1.01 million inferred tonnes at 1.1 percent nickel. The project is located approximately 45 kilometers from Timmins, Ontario, a world-class mining jurisdiction with processing plants available in the area.
Moving forward, Class 1 Nickel intends to leverage modern exploration techniques and technologies in order to continue to increase the primary NI-43-101 mineral resource calculations on the way towards establishing a Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA).
The majority of drilling and mining in the past 30 years has been shallow work (less than 100 meters vertical depth below surface). The great bulk of the 20 square kilometer property surrounding the Alexo mine area remains untested by drilling and geophysics.
Class 1 Nickel is focused on bringing the Alexo-Dundonald project back into production while continuing to drill at Dundonald in order to improve its understanding of mineralization in the area.
Class 1 Nickel’s Company Highlights
- Flagship Alexo-Dundonald project is located 45 kilometers from the historic mining town of Timmins, Ontario which hosts critical infrastructure nearby
- Alexo-Dundonald project comprises four nickel-copper-cobalt sulfide projects, the Alexo, Alexo South, Dundonald North and Dundonald South deposits
- A past production operation (with historical 2.0 – 4.0 percent nickel head grade) with two high-grade NI 43-101 nickel sulfide mineral resources that remain open at depth and along strike (Ni-Cu-Co-PGEs)
- Stable mining jurisdiction of Ontario provides the Company with mining-friendly policies and stable governmental support
- Ontario ranked as Canada’s second-most mining-friendly jurisdiction according to the 2019 Fraser Institute annual survey of mining companies
- Insiders at Class 1 Nickel hold approximately 70 percent of shares