Developing World-Class Lithium and Cobalt Properties in Canada and Chile
Surge Exploration Inc. (TSXV:SUR,OTCQB:SURJF,FWB:DJ5C) is a Canadian mineral exploration company with projects located in the mining-friendly jurisdiction of British Columbia, Canada. The company is focused on acquiring world-class properties with the potential to produce commercial-grade products for buyers around the world. To this effect, Surge has acquired three copper–gold properties in British Columbia and two cobalt properties in Ontario.
The Hedge Hog property has seen extensive historical exploration which included a grab sample that assayed 1.51 g/t gold, 1.37 percent zinc, 0.48 percent lead, 1.20 ppm lead and 1,313 ppm antimony. A fieldwork program is currently underway at the Hedge Hog property. The Hedgehog property is directly beside Barkerville Gold Mines Ltd.’s (TSXV:BGM) Caribou deposit. Barkerville Gold is currently the subject of a takeover by Osisko Gold Royalties (TSX:OR), valuing the company at C$338 million.
The company’s Mineral Mountain property has seen off and on exploration since the 1940s, but remains largely unexplored. Surge intends to conduct an extensive two-phase exploration program on the property to follow up on gold anomalies found by previous operators. Nearby the Mineral Mountain properties is the Lorraine deposit (jointly owned by Teck Resources Limited (TSX:TECK.A) and Sun Metals Corp (TSXV:SUNM)), the Stardust deposit (wholly-owned by Sun Metals) and the Kwanika deposit (jointly owned by Serengeti Resources Inc. (TSXV:SIR) and Posco International Corp.)
Surge has also staked the 213-square-kilometer Trapper Lake project next to Brixton Metals Corp.’s (TSXV:BBB) Thorn project and Newmont Goldcorp’s (NYSE:NEM,TSX:NGT) past-producing Golden Bear mine in northwestern British Columbia. The property is prospective for copper, silver and gold.
Surge’s two Ontario cobalt projects, Teledyne and Glencore Bucke properties, are adjacent to one another and share similar geological structures. They are located within proximity to the past-producing Agaunico cobalt mine. These properties have a historic cobalt resource on them. The Teledyne property has an inferred resource of 60,000 tons and a probable reserve of 40,000 tons with an average grade of 0.45 percent cobalt and 0.6 ounce per tonne silver. Glencore Bucke has an inferred resource of 60,000 tons and a probable reserve of 15,000 tons with an average grade of 0.45 percent cobalt and 3.0 ounce per tonne silver.
Surge’s Company Highlights
- Operating in the mining-friendly jurisdictions of British Columbia and Ontario, Canada.
- Extensive historical exploration at the Hedge Hog property in British Columbia.
- A fieldwork program at Hedge Hog is currently underway.
- Exploration potential at Mineral Mountain copper-gold project in British Columbia.
- The Trapper Lake project is adjacent to Brixton Metal’s Thorn project and Newmont Goldcorp’s past-producing Golden Bear mine.
- Ontario properties are in proximity to the past-producing Agaunico cobalt mine.
- Glencore Bucke has a historical inferred resource of 60,000 tons and a probable reserve of 15,000 tons with an average grade of 0.45 percent cobalt and 3.0 ounce per tonne silver.
- Teledyne property has a historical inferred resource of 60,000 tons and a probable reserve of 40,000 tons with an average grade of 0.45 percent cobalt and 0.6 ounce per tonne silver.
- Significant shareholders include Wellington Shields & Co., a registered NYC-based broker, dealer, investment banker and long-time member of the NYSE.