Well over a hundred gold companies will be exhibiting at PDAC. Here’s a look at a few that might be worth checking out.
This article was originally published on February 26, 2015.
The 2015 PDAC International Convention, Trade Show & Investors Exchange is fast approaching, and with over 550 exhibitors attending, it will be tough for investors to map out their time. With that in mind, Resource Investing News has assembled lists of key companies attending across a variety of sectors.
Here’s a look at some of the gold companies that will be at the show:
- Atlantic Gold (TSX:SVU) — Booth 3306 — Though it has four gold development projects in Nova Scotia, Atlantic’s focus is its Touquoy project, which has all its major permits in place. Its Beaver Dam and Cochrane Hill projects are at the feasibility stage, while its Fifteen Mile Stream project is at an earlier stage of development. The company describes itself as well financed.
- Calibre Mining (TSXV:CXB) — Booth 3310 — Calibre is an exploration and mine development company with projects in Northeastern Nicaragua. Its partners B2Gold (TSX:BTO,NYSEMKT:BTG) and Alder Resources (TSXV:ALR) will be investing $12 million on its projects over the next three years. B2Gold will be exhibiting at PDAC in Booth 2733.
- Colombian Mines (TSXV:CMJ) — Booth 2215A — As its name suggests, Colombian Mines is focused on acquiring, exploring and advancing mineral properties in Colombia. Its flagship properties are El Dovio and Mercedes, but the company has a substantial exploration portfolio as well.
- Corvus Gold (TSX:KOR) — Booth 2326 — Junior gold exploration and development company Corvus’ main focus is its North Bullfrog project in Nevada. Most recently, the company expanded its land position at the project and updated its resource estimate to include 2014 drill results. CEO Jeffrey Pontius will be participating in Gold — Americas 1 on March 2 at 9:55 a.m. in room 801b.
- Dynacor Gold Mines (TSX:DNG) — Booth 3047 — Gold processing and exploration company Dynacor has been operating in Peru since 1996. Its flagship project is Tumipampa, where it’s currently actively exploring.
- Estrella Gold (TSXV:EST) — Booth 2147 — Prospect generator Estrella Gold is focused on finding new gold discoveries in Peru. It was in the news recently when it announced plans to combine with Tarsis Resources (TSXV:TCC) to create a new company called Alianza Resources.
- Klondex Mines (TSX:KDX) — in Booth 2835 — Klondex is currently producing at its Midas mine, located in Nevada, as well as operating a bulk sample program at its Fire Creek project. Most recently, the company released initial mineral reserves for both Fire Creek and Midas; the former holds 241,400 gold equivalent ounces, while the latter holds 132,600. CEO Paul Andre Huet will be participating in Gold — Americas 1 on March 2 at 9:55 a.m. in room 801b.
- Nexus Gold (TSXV:NXS) — Booth 3147 — Vancouver-based Nexus is focused on exploring its Walker Ridge gold project in Nevada. The company’s most recent news came out in January, when it closed the first tranche of a non-brokered private placement for aggregate proceeds of $821,000.
- Orezone Gold (TSX:ORE) — Booth 2519 — Orezone is developing the Bombore gold deposit in West Africa. It’s the largest undeveloped oxide gold deposit in the country, and has about 2 million ounces of resources within 45 meters on average from the surface.
- Richmont Mines (TSX:RIC,NYSEMKT:RIC) — in Booth 2449 — Richmont has been producing gold since 1991, and currently has three operating mines, plus numerous exploration properties in Ontario and Quebec. In a recent release, the company said that in 2014 its revenues rose 47 percent from the previous year. President and CEO Renaud Adams will be participating in Gold — Americas 2 on March 2 at 1:55 p.m. in room 801b.
- Roxgold (TSXV:ROG) — Booth 2635 — Roxgold’s key asset is its Burkina Faso-based Yaramoko project. Just a few weeks ago it revealed that BNP Paribas (EPA:BNP) has signed a commitment letter to provide, together with Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking, a $75-million debt facility.
- Rubicon Minerals (TSX:RMX,NYSEMKT:RBY) — Booth 2908 — An advanced-stage gold development company, Rubicon is focused on its Ontario-based Phoenix gold project.
- Source Exploration (TSXV:SOP) — Booth 2746 — Source’s mission is to explore for gold, silver and copper in Mexico’s historical mining districts. Its key asset is its Las Minas project, which consists of six mineral concessions covering approximately 1,616 hectares.
Other attendees in the space include: Alacer Gold (TSX:ASR) in Booth 2339, Alamos Gold (TSX:AGI,NYSE:AGI) in Booth 2722, Argonaut Gold (TSX:AR) in Booth 2844, ATAC Resources (TSXV:ATC) in Booth 2748, Barkerville Gold Mines (TSXV:BGM) in Booth 2733, Barrick Gold (TSX:ABX,NYSE:ABX) in Booth 2434, Centerra Gold (TSX:CG) in Booth 2944, Crocodile Gold (TSX:CRK) in Booth 2533, Eldorado Gold (TSX:ELD,NYSE:EGO) in Booth 2732, Goldcorp (TSX:G,NYSE:GG) in Booth 2313, Helio Resource (TSXV:HRC) in Booth 3117, Kaminak Gold (TSXV:KAM) in Booth 2615, Kinross Gold (TSX:K,NYSE:KGC) in Booth 2913, Kirkland Lake Gold (TSX:KGI,LSE:KGI) in Booth 2409A, Lake Shore Gold (TSX:LSG,NYSEMKT:LSG) in Booth 2749, Lydian International (TSX:LYD) in Booth 2118, McEwen Mining (TSX:MUX,NYSE:MUX) in Booth 2851, Osisko Gold Royalties (TSX:OR) in Booth 2640, Sabina Gold & Silver (TSX:SBB) in Booth 2843, Sandstorm Gold (TSX:SSL,NYSEMKT:SAND) in Booth 2850, Timmins Gold (TSX:TMM,NYSEMKT:TGD) in Booth 2933 and Yamana Gold (TSX:YRI,NYSE:AUY) in Booth 3022.
Those interested in the gold space should be sure to keep an eye out for those companies on the floor. All in all, well over a hundred gold companies will be attending. Click here to see the full list from PDAC.
PDAC will be held from March 1 to 4, 2015 at the Metro Toronto Convention Center.
Click here to see which INN clients will be at PDAC.
Securities Disclosure: I, Charlotte McLeod, hold no direct investment interest in any company mentioned in this article.