Exploring for Energy Metals In North America
This profile is part of a paid investor education campaign.*
Forum Energy Metals Corp. (TSXV:FMC) explores for energy metals, most notably copper and uranium in Saskatchewan, Canada’s Number 1 mining province, and is evaluating other energy metals opportunities in North America. Forum has prioritized its recently acquired option to earn a 100% interest in the Janice Lake Sedimentary Copper Project, and immediately followed up by staking the surrounding district covering a 30km trend around the area of historical work. Very limited drilling by previous operators identified significant copper mineralization within 35m of surface.
In addition, Forum is well positioned for when the uranium market rebounds with interests in 7 drill ready projects, all located within prominent areas of the Athabasca Basin.
- Successful contrarian investors look where the market isn’t looking. Uranium is the most unloved commodity, and copper, with a deficit projected in 2018, is regaining traction.
- Forum has a low market valuation ($5.2 MM Market Cap);
- Underexplored, district wide, sedimentary copper exploration project in Saskatchewan’s Wollaston Copperbelt with significant shallow mineralized results from limited historical drilling. Open pit potential coupled with highly prospective unexplored surrounding ground suggests significant bluesky for multiple mineralized areas. Drill program planned for this summer, in addition to sampling and mapping of unexplored ground along trend.
- Positioned for a turn in the uranium market with 7 drill ready uranium projects in Saskatchewan’s Athabasca Basin, home to the world’s richest uranium deposits;
- Strong management & technical team with a track record for success; well positioned in Saskatchewan, Canada’s # 1 & the World’s # 2 mining jurisdiction.
Janice Lake Sedimentary Copper Project
Janice Lake is a relatively unknown and underexplored sedimentary copper project with a district wide presence and significant exploration potential. Located in Saskatchewan’s Wollaston Copperbelt, the geology compares favourably with other worldwide sedimentary copper giants including the Udokan in Russia, the Central African Copperbelt (Zambia and DRC) and Hecla Mining’s Rock Creek deposit in Montana.
- Synchronized Global Growth = Bullish Outlook
- Rising Price Trend
- Supply Deficit Forecast For 2018
- Expected growth in the Electric Vehicle (EV Market)
“I believe the widespread adoption in Electric Vehicles (EVs) will create a very long and very large bull market in copper and copper stocks.” Marin Katusa, January, 2018
Janice Lake: The Potential
With no drilling undertaken since 2003, Janice Lake is both underexplored and unknown to investors, but with significant historical first-pass exploration results and bluesky potential. Historical drill results include:
Forum has analyzed existing historical data, and follow-up geophysical work later completed by Transition Metals. Planning is underway for a summer 2018 drill program to confirm existing historical mineralization.
Athabasca Basin Uranium Projects
Forum has several 100% owned projects available for JV, while others have been partnered with companies including: Cameco, Orano (formerly AREVA), NexGen, Rio Tinto and Uracan. The Company’s exploration model is based on near-surface uranium mineralization. A total of 7 projects are drill ready.
- Fir Island (100%) – Drill Ready
- Henday (Forum 40% / Rio Tinto 60% – Operator) – Drill Ready
- Key Lake Area –Highrock (100%) – Drill Ready
- Key Lake Area –Costco (100%) – Drill Ready
- Key Lake Area –Karpinka (100%) – Drill Ready
- Key Lake Area –Costigan (Forum 65% / Private Company 35%)
- Clearwater (Forum 75% / Uracan 25) – Drill Ready
- Northwest Athabasca Joint Venture (Forum 39.25% / NexGen 28.25% /Cameco 20% / Orano 12.5%) – Drill Ready
- Maurice Point (Forum 100%)
- Waterbury & Waterbury South (Forum 100%)
- Hook (Forum 100%)
Richard Mazur, MBA – President, CEO & Director
Geoscientist (P.Geo.) and businessman with 35+ years international mining experience as a project geologist, financial analyst and senior executive on uranium, gold, base metals, diamonds and other minerals.
Anthony Balme – Non-Executive Chairman & Director
International Financial Specialist: Managing Director of Carter Capital Ltd. and AMC Limited, two private UK investment funds.
Ken Wheatley, P.Geo., MSc. – Vice President, Exploration
Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo.) with 35+ years uranium exploration experience with AREVA Resources Canada Inc. & Uranerz Exploration & Mining Ltd (UEM). Team member responsible for the discovery of 132 million pounds of uranium in eight deposits in the Athabasca Basin, four of which have been mined. He also managed AREVA’s Kiggavik exploration program in the Thelon Basin. Ken joined Forum Uranium as VP, Exploration in 2007.
Dr. Boen Tan – Chief Geologist
Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo.) with 40+ years uranium exploration experience. Discovered the 200 million pound Key Lake Uranium deposit. Subsequently, he continued to supervise UEM’s uranium exploration and drilling programs in the Athabasca Basin. Recipient of the 2007 Outstanding Achievement Award from the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists (Saskatchewan) for his role in the discovery of the Key Lake Uranium deposit. Dr. Tan joined Forum Uranium as Chief Geologist in 2005.
Jim Atkinson P.Geo., MSc. – Consulting Geologist
Jim has over 45 years North American and International experience on a variety of base and precious metal deposits and mines. He has worked as a Project Manager, Exploration Manager and VP, Exploration for both major and junior companies.
Craig Christy, MA – Vice President, Corporate Development
Craig has over 15 years executive corporate consulting experience, in addition to additional 15 years as a senior investment advisor, with firms including First Marathon Correspondent Network. Craig served as Corporate Secretary, Corporate Development and IR Consultant to Strathmore Minerals Corp. (2002-2013), which was acquired by Energy Fuels Corp. in August 2013, a consultant to Strathmore’s spin-out company, Fission Energy Corp., and a Director of the former Contrarian Resource Fund Limited Partnership.
*Disclaimer: The profile provides information which was sourced and approved by Forum Energy Metals in order to help investors learn more about the company. Forum Energy Metals is a client of the Investing News Network (INN). The company’s campaign fees pay for INN to create and update this profile page, to which links are placed on Investingnews.com and channel newsletters.
The company description, investment highlights and catalysts were sourced by INN and approved by the company. INN does not guarantee the accuracy or thoroughness of the information contained on this page.
INN does not provide investment advice and the information on Investingnews.com profile should not be considered a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
INN does not endorse or recommend the business, products, services or securities of any company profiled.
Readers should conduct their own research for all information publicly available concerning the company.