Fission Uranium confirmed near-surface and high-grade basement-hosted mineralization in the recently discovered 600W Zone. It’s located at the company’s 100-percent-owned Patterson Lake South project in the Southwestern Athabasca Basin in Saskatchewan.
Drill Tracker Weekly is not exclusive to Resource Investing News and is published with permission from Mackie Research Capital Corporation. It highlights drilling results in context with our database of over 10,000 drilling and trenching results. The purpose of this report is to highlight drilling and trenching results that stand out from the pack and compare them to their peer group. This report does not constitute initiation of coverage or a recommendation.
Fission Uranium (TSX:FCU)
Market cap: $453 million
Cash estimate: $23 million
Project: Patterson Lake
Ownership: 100 percent
Resources: 79.6 million pounds at 1.58 percent U3O8 indicated; 25.8 million pounds at 1.3 percent U3O8 inferred
Project status: resource definition, PEA in summer 2015
- Fission Uranium confirmed near-surface and high-grade basement-hosted mineralization in the recently discovered 600W Zone at its 100-percent-owned Patterson Lake South project in the Southwestern Athabasca Basin in Saskatchewan. The new zone is located 555 meters west of the company’s Triple R resource announced on January 9, 2015.
- Highlights from the current angled drill hole include 44 meters grading 3.36 percent U3O8 starting at a depth of 107 meters, including a higher-grade interval of 14.74 percent U3O8 over 90 meters. Assays are pending from additional drill holes, with “off-scale” mineralization indicating a 45.5-composite-meter interval grading greater than 10,000 cps (counts per second) radioactivity.
- In January 2015, the company announced a preliminary 43-101 compliant indicated resource estimate of 79.6 million pounds at a grade of 1.58 percent U3O8, including high-grade core of 44.2 million pounds at 18.21 percent U3O8. The 43-101 resource also includes an inferred resource estimate of 25.8 million pounds grading 1.3 percent U3O8. The Drill Tracker Chart for Fission plots the previous drill holes based on the starting depth of the mineralization and shows the abundant number of near-surface holes.
- The near-surface, basement-hosted mineralization is contained within four separate zones extending over 2.25 kilometers of strike length. Additional targets occur to the south in the Forrest Lake Corridor, which has a similar geophysical signature. The 780 Zone is located beneath the 6-meter-deep Paterson Lake.
- The company plans to complete a PEA for summer 2015.
Discovery hole at Patterson Lake South (December 2012): 18 meters at 1.78 percent U3O8
Current holes at 600W discovery: 44 meters at 3.36 percent U3O8, including 9 meters at 14.74 percent U3O8
Pending “off-scale” assays: 6.64 meters >10,000 cps; 12.1 meters >10,000 cps
Data contained in DRILL TRACKER WEEKLY is based on early stage exploration activity. The results are obtained at the very early stages of exploration and therefore, individual results may not be reproducible with additional trenching or drilling, nor may the results ultimately lead to the discovery of an economic deposit. Delineation of a resource body requires an extensive data gathering exercise according to guidelines set out in National Instrument 43-101 before investors can be reliably assured of a competent body of mineralization that may be of economic interest. DRILL TRACKER WEEKLY is designed to highlight individual trench or drill results, which stand out as being materially anomalous and are particularly worth of note – a type of early warning flag for a particular property that warrants further attention. Hence, DRILL TRACKER WEEKLY does not provide a recommendation to buy, sell or hold a specific equity – it is an information reference source to help quantify the meaning and relevance of early stage exploration results.
Relevant Disclosures Applicable to: Drill Tracker Weekly
- The research analyst or a member of the research analyst’s household owns and/or has options to acquire shares of the subject issuer. At the date of this release the author, Wayne Hewgill, owns shares in the following company: Fission Uranium Corp. (TSX.FCU)
- Integra Gold Corp. (ICG) is currently under coverage at Mackie Research Capital by analyst Peter Campbell
- In March 2014, Peter Campbell visited the Lamaque Gold Project in Val-d’Or, Québec. Travel to and from the site in Val d’Or were paid by Integra Gold Corp.
I, Wayne Hewgill certify that the information in this report is sourced through public documents that are believed to be reliable but accuracy and completeness as represented in this report cannot be guaranteed. The author has not received payment from any of the companies covered in this report. This report makes no recommendations to buy, sell or hold. Each analyst of Mackie Research Capital Corporation whose name appears in this report hereby certifies that (i) the recommendations and opinions expressed in this research report accurately reflect the analyst’s personal views and (ii) no part of the research analyst’s compensation was or will be directly or indirectly related to the specific conclusions or recommendations expressed in this research report.