Metal Tiger has released an update regarding Kalahari Metals Limited’s exploration progress in the Kalahari copper belt of Botswana in Southern Africa.
Metal Tiger (LSE:MTR) has released an update regarding Kalahari Metals Limited’s exploration progress in the Kalahari copper belt of Botswana in Southern Africa.
Under an investment agreement MTR have the right to acquire up to 50 percent of KML, which holds interests in several highly prospective exploration licenses covering 4,063 square km of the copper belt.
As highlighted in the press release:
- Exploration programme commenced for copper-silver mineralization on the substantial KML landholding in the Kalahari Copperbelt in Botswana.
- Highly experienced New Resolution Geophysics contracted to conduct airborne high resolution magnetic and electromagnetic surveys on the prospective Okavango Project (Eastern Block) and Ngami Copper Project (Western Block) concessions.
- Airborne high resolution magnetic and AEM surveys are part of a proven cost-effective methodology for delineating copper mineralization on the Kalahari Copper Belt.
- Both airborne surveys scheduled to start in July with processed results expected in September 2018.
- Surveys will cover a total of 16,700 line-km of magnetics and 1,982 line-km of AEM.
- Survey data will provide valuable information for mapping contacts such as the prospective D’Kar and Ngwako Pan Formations and prospective structural formations such as the T3 Dome and T20 Domes associated with MTR’s T3 joint venture project.
- Survey will seek to delineate the extension of copper mineralised contacts hosting neighbouring Cupric Canyon Capital’s Zone 5 Deposit (100.3 ,million tonnes at 1.95 percent copper and 20 grams per tonne (g/t) silver), 5N and Zeta resources into KML’s Okavango Project area.
- Loci Environmental, the Botswana-based environmental consultants have been engaged to prepare and obtain environmental permitting in anticipation of a follow-on exploration drilling programme.
CEO of Metal Tiger, Michael McNeilly said:
“We are very pleased to announce the start of what will, not doubt, be an exciting and hopefully rewarding exploration programme over the two Kalahari Metals Limited Okavango and Ngami Copper Projects in a world class copper region in Botswana.
“With the Okavango Project located directly along strike from the major Cupric Canyon Capital copper deposits and the Ngami Project located to the north of our T3 Feasibility Stage joint venture project; Metal Tiger enjoys very significant exposure to the potential discovery of new copper and silver deposits.”