- South Star Battery Metals is positioned to emerge as the first new graphite producer since 1996 as it develops near-term production projects in Brazil and the United States.
- The company’s flagship Santa Cruz graphite project leverages mining-friendly conditions and its strategic position in the second-largest flake graphite producing district in the world.
- Santa Cruz is an open-pit deposit with 15 drill-ready targets across a 13,000-hectare property. The entire land package hosts widespread mineralization, according to the Brazilian Mining Authority.
- The company commenced its Phase 1 construction at the Santa Cruz Graphite mine in June 2022.The company operates a two-phased approach for project development to minimize risk and intelligently allocate capital for shareholder value. This low CAPEX approach includes a pilot plant and large plant phase following bench scale and plant testing programs.
- South Star’s current market capitalization stands at only 2.5 percent of its project NPV (pre-financing).
- South Star Battery Metals has a streaming agreement with Sprott Resources Streaming and Royalty Corp. worth up to $US28 million as prepayment for graphite concentrates from the Santa Cruz Graphite Project.
- The company’s US based Ceylon graphite project is located on the northeast end of the Alabama Graphite Belt. The mine historically targeted friable outcropping graphite mineralization, averaging approximately 3-5% graphitic carbon. Mineralization is at surface and was mined historically with no drilling and blasting required. South Star is initiating Phase 1 exploration.
- South Star is committed to a corporate culture, project execution plan and safe operations that embrace the highest standards of ESG principles based on transparency, stakeholder engagement, ongoing education, and stewardship.
The green energy industry is booming. Unprecedented positive trends seen year after year present junior mining companies with exceptional growth potential as vital minerals like graphite and lithium needed to power alternative energies surge in demand.
Market research estimates that worldwide graphite output needs to increase by nearly 500 percent by 2050 in order to meet the growing demand for energy storage. If you are an investor looking for exposure in this market, there is no better time to investSouth Star Batter Metals (TSXV:STS,OTCQB:STSBF) is set to contribute to filling this global graphite demand. It currently operates its flagship Santa Cruz graphite project in the mining-friendly jurisdiction of Brazil. Phase 1 construction of the mine commenced in 2022.