Gold has been considered a cornerstone of a robust investment portfolio for decades. The commodity is praised as a hedge against inflation, often referred to as “the golden constant." Economists use this term to describe three attributes of gold’s value:
- The purchasing power of gold remains essentially the same in the long term.
- Inflation is the primary driver of gold’s spot value.
- Gold’s price deviations relative to inflation will be corrected over time.
Essentially, it means that even though its value in relation to the US dollar and other currencies may waver, gold’s raw purchasing power will remain relatively the same over time — earning it the rare achievement of being an actual store of value.
Investing in gold remains a strong option to add to an investor’s portfolio. In the short term, its commodity prices vary by available supply, demand and market sentiment. Commodity investing is a popular way to go, but investing in gold miners is another way to capitalize on the precious metal. Gold’s price and sentiment partially determine the stock price of a gold miner, but the company’s performance, announcements and achievements also drive its long-term shareholder value. These elements create the potential for additional growth in value over commodity investing.
Optimum Ventures (TSXV:OPV, Frankfurt:41Q, OTC:OPVLF) is an exploration and development mining company focusing on its high-grade gold asset in the prolific Golden Triangle. The company’s flagship asset, the Harry property, is located between two large mineralized systems: sulphurets hydrothermal system (SHS) and premiere hydrothermal system. Due to its unique geological composition, this location creates blue-sky potential for the Harry property. An experienced management team and board of directors lead Optimum Ventures toward bringing the asset to production.
The Golden Triangle in British Columbia, Canada, hosts one of the largest hydrothermal systems worldwide, the SHS. The southern half of the SHS hosts over 185 million ounces of gold and significant amounts of silver and copper. The region was discovered in the early 1900s following three important discoveries that formed a triangle, earning the region its name.
The Harry property has surface samples with high-grade assays reaching upwards of 285.4 g/t gold and 1,949 g/t silver. Optimum Ventures recently completed its 2022 exploratory drill program at the property with encouraging results. Two notable drill holes produced up to 3.10 g/t gold, 690.1 g/t silver, and an additional 1,833 g/t silver equivalents.
An option agreement with Teuton (OTCMKTS: TEUTF) grants Optimum Ventures the option to acquire an 80-percent interest in the Harry and Outland Silver Bar properties. Both companies have an excellent working relationship and if Optimum exercises its option, the companies will enter into a joint venture agreement during the project’s operation. The JV will include a 2-percent net smelter royalty granted to Teuton.
- Optimum Ventures is an exploration and development mining company focusing on its high-grade gold asset within the famed Golden Triangle in British Columbia.
- The Golden Triangle is globally recognized as one of the most prolific gold-producing regions in the world.
- The company’s flagship Harry property is ideally located between two major mineralized systems and has already produced high-grade gold and silver assays, including up to 3.10 g/t gold, 690.1 g/t silver, and an additional 1,833 g/t silver equivalents.
- Optimum Ventures has an option agreement with Teuton to acquire an 80 percent interest in the property and enter into a JV agreement.
- An experienced management team led by Andy Bowering, who was instrumental in numerous discoveries including the Silver Coin deposit with Ascot Resources (TSX:AOT)
The Harry Gold Property
The Harry property is located near the town of Stewart in British Columbia and comprises three contiguous claims covering approximately 1,333 hectares. The property lies along the northwestern portion of an ideal geological corridor between the sulphurets hydrothermal system and premiere hydrothermal system, making the area highly prospective for gold-silver mineralization.
Optimum Ventures has identified 12 mineralized zones throughout the property, many of which have produced encouraging exploration results. The company is currently planning its next exploration round, including prospecting new areas exposed by ice ablation, additional surface sampling, mapping and saw cut sampling.
- Grab Samples Indicative of High-Grade Gold and Silver: Grab samples from exploration campaigns in 2020 and 2021 produced high-grade results, including:
- 2021 grab sampling:
- 285.4 g/t gold; 1,872 g/t silver (S21-2)
- 23 g/t gold; 2,995 g/t silver (A21-2A)
- 2020 grab sampling:
- 21.6 g/t gold; 33.1 g/t silver (HYJT062)
- 1,553 g/t gold; 642 g/t silver (HYJT063)
- Identified Mineralized Zones: The Harry property contains 12 zones with identified mineralization, indicating the potential for additional exploration and discoveries. These zones are:
- Golden Summit
- Outland Silver Bar
- Troy 6
- Ursula South
- Saw Cut
- Completed 2022 Drill Program with Promising Results: Two notable drill holes at the Swann Zone produced assays up to 3.10 g/t gold, 690.1 g/t silver, and an additional 1,833 g/t silver equivalents.
Andrew Bowering - Chairman & Director
Andrew Bowering is a venture capitalist with 30 years of operational experience and global leadership in mineral exploration and development. He has founded, funded and built teams that have operated numerous companies in the pursuit of precious, base and industrial metals from early exploration through to production. Bowering has held senior management positions in a variety of capacities. He was responsible for the acquisition and sale of several assets and raising upwards of $250 million in development capital. He has operated and managed programs throughout North and South America and abroad. He was a founder and shareholder of Millennial Lithium Corp (which was acquired by Lithium Americas) and is highly involved in other publicly traded companies focused on battery metals and precious metals, including Prime Mining Corp and American Lithium Corp.
Tyler Ross - CEO
With over 20 years in the capital markets, Tyler Ross has applied his experience and expertise toward the successful financing and exits of various public companies. Having been involved in every stage of business development from inception onward, Ross has found his niche in consulting for companies needing a revamp, or the necessary connections and partnerships to reach their subsequent evolution. His past successes include his work with Fronteer Gold, which sold its asset to Newmont for $2.5 billion, Fission Energy (sold to Denison for $80 million, spun out into Fission Uranium), and the financing of Tranzeo Wireless from seed rounds to its IPO at the senior Toronto Stock Exchange at over $1.50/share. Ross most recently led the initial loan financing for Prime Mining, a near-term gold producer in Mexico.
Ed Kruchkowski - Director & CFO
Edward Kruchkowski has over 48 years of experience in the exploration industry. He graduated from the University of Alberta in 1973 with a BSc in geology and is a registered professional geologist in Alberta and British Columbia. From 1973 to 1981, he worked for both major and junior companies on projects in Canada and the USA. From 1981 to present, he has worked as a consulting geologist conducting exploration programs in Canada, southwestern USA, Russia, South America and Mexico, on behalf of various clients, including both major international companies as well as junior exploration companies. Kruchkowski has a proven track record of discovery and supervision on many properties throughout Canada. Additionally, Kruchkowski is responsible for all exploration programs conducted by Decade Resources Ltd.
Randy Kasum - Director
Randy Kasum has over 23 years of experience in road construction for mining and exploration companies in the Stewart, B.C. area. He is the manager of Kasum Tractor Ltd., a heavy equipment company specializing in road construction and mineral exploration. He was instrumental in the acquisition of properties in the Stewart and Terrace areas. Additionally, Kasum is responsible for co-coordinating all financial filings on behalf of Decade Resources Ltd. as well as assessment filings on the mineral holdings owned by the company.