Cambridge House International’s two-day 2015 Vancouver Resource Investment Conference may have wrapped up on Monday, but it’s definitely left investors with some food for thought, and perhaps a brighter attitude.
Many speakers presented to full audiences, and the flow of foot traffic around the floor was steady, particularly on Monday, when there was no football game to distract attendees.
Gold bugs in particular likely left the event feeling cheered. Sentiment about the yellow metal was running fairly high, with diverse panelists expressing optimism about its prospects. One particularly memorable quote came from David Morgan, who quipped, “definitely the fundamental fact about gold being the ultimate currency hasn’t left the consciousness of those that are wide awake.”
Goldcorp’s (TSX:G,NYSE:GG) Monday morning announcement that it will be acquiring Probe Mines (TSXV:PRB) also didn’t hurt, with some pointing to the news as a possible harbinger of further consolidation in the sector.
Resource Investing News was on the floor covering the event, and has already provided recaps of a few key presentations:
- VRIC Commodities Outlook: Bullish on Gold
- VRIC Precious Metals Panelists Optimistic About Gold
- 6 Gold Stock Picks from Louis James of Casey Research
- Stick to Lowest-cost Oil Producers: Marin Katusa
To check out some of our interviews with various thought leaders at the conference, see the links below:
- Sprott Global Resource Investments’ Rick Rule
- Silver guru David Morgan
- Stormcrow Capital’s Jon Hykawy
- Louis James of Casey Research
- Ross Beaty of Pan American Silver (TSX:PAA) and Alterra Power (TSX:AXY)
- Frank Holmes of US Global Investors
- Benchmark Mineral Intelligence’s Simon Moores
- Mercenary Geologist Mickey Fulp
- John Kaiser of Kaiser Research
- Brent Cook of Exploration Insights
- Dr. Martin Murenbeeld of Dundee Capital Markets.
The list will continue to be updated as we add more videos, so check back often! Also, watch for video interviews with dozens of company CEOs.
Securities Disclosure: I, Charlotte McLeod, hold no direct investment interest in any company mentioned in this article.