Battery Metals

Industrial Minerals published an article that looks at India’s current graphite industry and future potential. The country is one of the world’s top five graphite producers, according to data from the US Geological Survey.

Industrial Minerals published an article that looks at India’s current graphite industry and future potential. The country is one of the world’s top five graphite producers, according to data from the US Geological Survey.

As quoted in the market news:

Being one of the major producers of natural crystalline flake graphite, India registered production of 30,000 tonnes in 2013, down 14% from the previous year due to lower demand and the temporary closure of mines.

The estimated production for 2014 is expected to be limited to 20,000-25,000 tonnes due to the lack of required infrastructure, energy resources, toughening government legislation and increasing environmental regulations.

Out of the total production, eight principal producers including Tirupati Carbon & Graphite, Chotanagpur Graphite Industries, Carbon & Graphite Products, Agrawal Graphite Industries, Pradhan Industries, T.P. Minerals, G.R. Graphite and TAMIN Minerals account for nearly 85% of the total production, while the remaining 15% is contributed by other small miners (Figure 3).

Click here to read the full Industrial Minerals report.

MARKETS

Markets
TSX19885.94+307.64
TSXV669.72+5.89
DOW33309.51+535.10
S&P 5004210.24+87.77
NASD12854.80+360.88
ASX6992.70-37.10

COMMODITIES

Commodities
Gold1785.61-5.95
Silver20.46-0.13
Copper3.650.00
Palladium2240.50-7.50
Platinum947.00+1.00
Oil91.52-0.41
Heating Oil3.39-0.02
Natural Gas8.28+0.08

DOWNLOAD FREE REPORTS

×