The update includes high copper and gold outcrop assay results.
Altus Strategies (LSE:ALS,TSXV:ALTS) has released an update on its exploration activities at its 411.7km2 Daro copper-gold project in the Tigray province of northern Ethiopia.
As highlighted in the press release:
- High copper and gold outcrop assay results including 11.6 percent copper and 4.4 grams per tonnes (g/t) gold at Teklil prospect
- Gossan zone at Teklil prospect mapped discontinuously for 900m
- Discovery of Keren prospect including assays of 37 g/t gold in float and 10.35 g/t gold in outcrop
- Significant gold-bearing quartz vein and stockwork system discovered at Keren prospect
- Stream sediment survey completed with results defining multiple new target areas
CEO of Altus, Steven Poulton said:
“Exploration at Daro is continuing to yield exciting results, with high gold and copper assays returning from a number of surface sampling programmes, including 37 g/t gold and 22.7 percent copper. The presence of gossans, polymetallic mineralisation, significant artisanal gold workings and favourable host geology continues to indicate the potential for a VMS discovery within Daro.”