- RecycLiCo is a critical metals company focusing on developing advanced technology for recycling and upcycling production waste and end-of-life batteries, closing the loop of the conventional supply chain of battery metals.
- The company has successfully demonstrated its process at its pilot plant by testing production waste samples from multiple third parties.
- RecycLiCo continues to conduct technology testing and development at its 6,700-square-foot demonstration plant.
- The company has achieved several milestones, including 99 percent leach extraction of lithium, nickel, cobalt and manganese
- The company will pursue commercialization via licensing agreements and joint ventures.
- RecycLiCo’s process has undergone an ISO-compliant life cycle assessment (LCA) reviewed by independent experts. The LCA indicates a substantial reduction in global warming potential compared to mining and other hydrometallurgical processes.
- The company produced and delivered NMC-811 cathode precursor samples to its active third-party collaborators in North America, Europe and Asia.
- An experienced management team and advisory board lead the company towards fully commercializing its technology.
The global transition to clean energy is well underway, but it’s already hitting roadblocks, with more on the horizon. Demand for the batteries necessary for clean energy technologies is expected to skyrocket in the coming decades, and analysts are already questioning if supply will be able to keep up. The problem is exacerbated by supply chain issues, with China controlling 40 percent of the world’s lithium battery supply.
Miners and battery manufacturers are setting ambitious goals to keep up with demand, but there’s another option many overlook: recycling and upcycling. Analysts project the lithium-ion battery capacity could reach 5,500 gigawatt-hour by 2030, up five-fold from 2021. Every watt-hour will eventually need recycling, whether right away or at the end of its life. Battery recycling is included in the US government’s National Blueprint for Lithium Batteries, as it strengthens the entire domestic supply chain. Innovative recycling technologies are emerging to feed end-of-life batteries and production waste back into the manufacturing process, creating new opportunities for investors to capitalize on the electrification revolution.RecycLiCo Battery Materials (TSXV:AMY) is a critical metals company focusing on upcycling and recycling lithium-ion battery waste and end-of-life batteries into high-value battery cathode materials. The company has innovated a closed-loop RecycLiCo™ Patented Process to extract materials for direct integration into the re-manufacturing of new lithium-ion battery materials. RecycLiCo’s pilot plant has already tested samples of black mass (end-of-life batteries) and production scrap from multiple third parties and has proven the production of high-purity lithium and precursor cathode active material (pCAM).