- Platinex Inc. is a mineral exploration company focused on acquiring, exploring and developing highly prospective mineral projects across mining-friendly jurisdictions.
- Ontario is a world-class mining jurisdiction with mining-friendly laws, a trained local workforce and robust infrastructure.
- The company has created the most extensive combined gold-focused property package in the Shining Tree District with its 100 percent-owned Shining Tree gold project. The property spans 23,219 hectares southwest of the prolific Abitibi Greenstone Belt in Ontario, Canada.
- The Shining Tree gold project sits strategically between the Côté Gold-Gosselin development project owned by IAMGOLD and the 2.3-million-ounce Juby gold deposit hosted by Aris Gold Corp. As a result, the project boasts district-scale potential.
- Platinex recently acquired the W2 Copper-Nickel-PGE project in the Ring of Fire, a region that’s quickly emerging as one of the most promising districts for critical minerals. The project includes six distinct claims providing unique opportunities for exposure to different markets.
- Platinex also has an impressive royalty portfolio on gold, PGE and base metal properties in Canada Chile. This collection includes a 2.5 percent NSR royalty on production from the former Big Trout Lake property, one of Canada's largest known PGE and chromium deposits.
- Platinex boasts an impressive capital structure and tight shareholder portfolio. An advantageous CAD$10 million market cap and strategic shareholder ownership pose significant growth for the company.
- An experienced management team with diverse backgrounds builds confidence in the company’s ability to reach its development goals.
Mining jurisdictions can make or break a company. An unstable jurisdiction can create frequent interruptions in exploration and development programs, making it difficult to operate a profitable mining operation. Ontario is a world-class mining jurisdiction known for its mining-friendly government, robust infrastructure and skilled local workforce. Additionally, Ontario contains several prolific mining districts including the Abitibi Greenstone Belt and the Ring of Fire. Recently, Ontario government has implemented several programs and investment measures to encourage investment in exploration and infrastructure related to the development of green/battery metals in Ontario with specific focus on the Ring of Fire.
Many deem the prolific Abitibi Greenstone Belt to be one of the world's most valuable gold mining districts and the most productive gold producing region in Canada. Since the 1990s, the geological marvel has yielded over 180 million ounces of gold and millions more in specialty and industrial metals. Several multi-million-ounce gold deposits present prospective mining companies with unparalleled exploration potential in the Abitibi. The Ring of Fire is one of Ontario's most promising mineral development opportunities and is known for high-grade cobalt, nickel, copper and platinum deposits.
Platinex (CSE:PTX) is a junior exploration and development mining company with two district-scale opportunities targeting gold, copper, nickel and PGEs. The company’s flagship project is its 100 percent owned Shining Tree gold project near the prolific Abitibi Greenstone Belt in Ontario, Canada. Additionally, Platinex recently acquired its 100 percent owned W2 Copper-Nickel-PGE project (formerly Lansdowne House) located in Ontario’s promising Ring of Fire. Both projects are in the discovery phase and have district-scale blue sky potential. W2 has seen past drilling by Inco and more recently Aurora Platinum/FNX and Shining Tree was an historical small scale gold producer. The company also has a royalty portfolio that provides additional opportunities for revenue growth.
The Shining Tree gold project is a consolidation of 21,720 hectares adjacent to the Côté Gold-Gosselin development project owned by IAMGOLD and the 2.3-million-ounce Juby gold deposit hosted by Aris Gold Corp. (TSX:ARIS). Additionally, the Shining Tree property intersects the same north-south fault with the West Timmins mine and the Ridout-Tyrrell deformation zone. The property hosts some 20 historic gold prospects with several underexplored areas across the prominent land package. Platinex recently acquired an additional 1,372 hectares adjoining its Shining Tree project, comprising 63 mining claims. The Company also acquired the past producing mine from Alamos Gold and has a small non-43 101 historical resources.
The company acquired its W2 project on favorable terms and is 100 percent owned by Platinex. Located within the Ring of Fire, the project contains promising deposits of copper, nickel and PGEs that provide the company with a diverse mineral portfolio to capitalize on multiple commodities markets. Previous owners have already conducted approximately US$5 million in exploration expenditures, including nearly 9,000 meters of drilling. The past drilling near surface demonstrated significant wide zone of continuous Cu-Ni mineralization and a lower zone of PGE mineralization. Within these wide zone of up to 200 metres there are higher grade section of Cu – Ni followed by a second horizon of PGE Cu-Ni. A few examples include:
- LH-01-05 and LH-01-06 are 4 km apart with no intervening drill holes. The apparent correlation of widely spaced holes suggests a high level of continuity in the Cu-Ni-PGE
- Two wide intersections include LH-01-05 with 151.6 m at 0.57 percent CuEq or 0.971 g/t PdEq and LH-01-06 with 220.6 m at 0.56 percent CuEq or 0.956 g/t PdEq minerlization
- Holes LH-01-02, LH-01-05 and LH-01-06 were assayed for PGEs and Cu-Ni zone further at depth.
- LH-01-02 42 m at 1.756 g/t PdEq (up to 3percent Cu, 1 percent NI, 1 gt PGE)
- LH-01-05 17 m at 1.86 g/t PdEq
- LH-01-06 81.3 m at 1.196 g/t PdEq
- Copper and Nickel only - Hole 54017 61 m at 1.01 percent CuEq incl. 13.1 m of 2.06 percent CuEq and Hole 49182 20.91 m at 1.63 percent CuEq.
Platinex also operates a robust royalty portfolio, which provides gold, PGE, nickel, copper and chromium exposure. Key royalties include a 2.5 percent NSR royalty on production from the former Big Trout Lake property in northwestern Ontario. This asset is one of Canada's largest known PGE and chromium deposits.
The company has a solid capital structure with an attractive CAD$10 million market cap and a CAD$2 million cash position with no debt. Its tight shareholder portfolio consists mainly of board members & family (10 percent), HNW/institutions and strategic partnerships with companies such as Treasury Metals (TSX:TML) and Alamos Gold (TSX:AGI). The Company also has 25 percent held by European shareholders.
World-class management and a top-tier technical team lead Platinex. Their track record of success and extensive experience in mining, capital markets and finance sectors primes the company for tremendous economic growth and high-grade discovery potential. Greg Ferron, CEO, has over 20 years of experience within the mining industry and capital markets ranging from project development to investor relations. Graham Warren, CFO, brings 30 years of experience in the resource industry, domestically and internationally.