Advancing the Graphite Creek Deposit in Alaska, USA
Graphite One Inc. (TSXV:GPH,OTCQX:GPHOF) is a Vancouver-based mineral exploration company focused on identifying, acquiring and exploring high-potential projects ready for rapid advancement in the graphite market. Graphite One has defined America’s largest high-quality graphite deposit, the Graphite Creek deposit strategically located in Alaska with direct ocean access to the high-tech American hub and Asian markets. The company plans to develop the project into a vertically-integrated operation producing high-grade coated spherical graphite (CSG) for the electric vehicle lithium-ion battery market.
Click to learn more about graphite demand and supply in the US:
Survey and drill results at Graphite Creek have shown large-flake, high-purity graphite exposed at surface. The company completed a preliminary economic assessment (PEA) on the property in 2017, with results including a pre-tax NPV (10 percent) of $1.037, a pre-tax IRR of 27 percent and a 40-year mine life. The PEA also outlined a plan for the Graphite Creek mine, mineral processing plant and product manufacturing plant.
The company’s naturally occurring STAX (Spheroidal, Thin, Aggregate and eXpanded) graphite offers an advantage when it comes to creating graphite for lithium-ion battery, energy storage and mobile technology manufacturers. The burgeoning technology-grade graphite market is only beginning to open up as green technology takes more precedence globally.
In April 2017, the Alaskan government recognized the Graphite One development project as part of a list of infrastructure projects introduced in testimony to the US Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee entitled “the potential for infrastructure improvements to create jobs and reduce the cost of living through all-of-the-above energy and mineral production in Alaska.” Testimony provided by Alaska’s State Geologist positioned the Graphite Creek project as part of the state’s “significant potential development and infrastructure projects.”
In May 2015, Graphite One entered into a definitive long-term lease agreement with Kougarok LLC for its 24 unpatented federal mining claims at Graphite Creek.
Graphite One Inc. Highlights:
- Measured resource of 1.69 million tonnes grading eight percent graphitic carbon and an indicated resource of 9.26 million tonnes grading 7.7 graphitic carbon, makes the Graphite Creek deposit the largest published graphite resource in the US.
- PEA for Graphite Creek included pre-tax NPV (10 percent) of US$1.087 billion and pre-tax IRR of 27 percent for 40-year mine life.
- PEA plan for mine, processing plant and product manufacturing plant resulting in 41,850 tonnes of CSG per year.
- Recent completion of a $4.2 million round of financing.
- Excellent potential for low-cost mining, high-grade and near surface.
- Graphite One’s STAX graphite has potential for exceptional processing, higher yields and improved performance.
- Potential for a multi-million tonne target of 235 – 492 Mt with grade between 4.2 percent and 7.9 percent graphite.
- Large-flake, high-purity graphite exposed at surface.
- Optimal geological environment conducive to an open-pit mining configuration.
- Tidewater gives access to American and Asian high-tech markets.