In case you missed it, here is this week’s resource big news roundup.
Both the TSX Composite and TSX Venture dropped slightly to open Friday’s trading following a relatively strong week in the stock markets driven by announcements of economic support and stimulus packages by governments throughout the world. The negative sentiment was partially driven by the continued spread of the coronavirus in the United States, which has overtaken China for the most confirmed cases of the virus in the world with at least 85,996 according to Johns Hopkins University.
Following up on the announcement of an C$82 billion support package unveiled last week, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced the federal government is hiking its wage subsidy for small and medium-sized businesses from 10 percent to 75 percent on Friday morning. The subsidy is expected to be applied retroactively as of Sunday, March 15th. “It is clear we need to do more,” Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said at a press conference on Friday. The TSX Composite opened Friday’s session at 12,820.67 down 4.1 percent, while the TSX Venture dipped by just over a point to reach 397.36.
In case you missed it, here is this week’s resource big news roundup:
- Renforth Completes New Alger Drill Program, Assays Pending
- Amex Reports Numerous Gold Intercepts on Grey Cat and Gratien Zones
- Steppe Gold Commences Gold Production
- Copper Fox Announces Updated Mineral Resource Estimate for the Van Dyke Project
- Northern Lights Completes Registration of Secret Pass Gold Project Mineral Claims
- Plateau Energy Metals Announces Filing of Technical Report for the PEA on the Falchani Lithium Project in Peru
- E3 Metals Corp. Acquires Additional Strategic Land for the Alberta Lithium Project
- ALX Resources Corp. Intersects Additional Nickel-Copper Mineralization at Falcon Nickel Project, Northern Saskatchewan