- AustraliaNorth AmericaWorld
Sixth Wave Innovations
Nanotechnology Using Molecularly Imprinted Polymers (MIPs) With Multi-Market Applications
Sixth Wave Innovations (CSE:SIXW,OTCQB:SIXWF,FSE:AHUH) is a nanotechnology company that uses patented Molecularly Imprinted Polymers (MIPs) for detecting, capturing and purifying substances at the molecular level.
MIPs are synthetic polymers uniquely designed to capture and extract target materials from a background of other materials by a combination of engineered electrochemical methods to attract the materials to the polymer and templating or creating a pocket in the polymer that has the physical size and shape of the target material to ensure that only those materials are captured. Systems utilizing MIPs are developed and owned completely by Sixth Wave Innovations with multiple patented/patent pending protections in over 40 countries worldwide. With massive expertise in the chemical industry and broad vertical patents, there are huge market implications for commercial scaling and revenue opportunities.
Sixth Wave Innovations captures several verticals that can appeal to multiple industries and market segments. The most notable sectors include health and wellness and mining. Sixth Wave Innovations’ patented purification and extraction systems, including Affinity™ for cannabinoid purification and IXOS® for mining, have unique MIPs designed for each sector and individual end-users. These solution offer savings in capital expenditures and operating costs as well as higher yields affording Sixth Wave Innovations’ customers substantial upticks in profitability. This translates into the potential for more efficient and effective extraction that is more stable, less expensive and yields a purer and cleaner end product. Sixth Wave Innovations’ solutions also provide unlimited scalability, which is a challenge with current technology.
For example, this has made the company poised to replace antiquated traditional extraction methods in the cannabis production and gold mining sectors, delivering process improvements, cost savings and higher yields. With the Affinity™ extraction system, Sixth Wave Innovations has gained international interest with inquiries for installation from licensed cannabis producers for over 250 units.
This technology replaces traditional methods of purification including winterization, multipath distillation, decarboxylation, and chromatography, which involves excessive plant footprint allocation, complex instrumentation with a slow turnaround, and significant product loss. Affinity™ technology can reduce this product loss and lead to higher purity of THC and CBD while providing a simplified streamline of the traditional process of extraction at an eighth of the cost.
For gold mining, Sixth Wave Innovations has created patented technology for the isolation and separation of gold and silver. While traditional extraction methods involve activated carbon, Sixth Wave Innovations’ IXOS® is extraction based on MIPs. IXOS® offers a number of advantages over activated carbon including, lower CAPEX/OPEX, lower energy consumption, six times faster elution and recovery, higher precious metal recovery due to higher efficiency and lower attrition. This is significant as gold prices continue to rise amidst a global pandemic. Sixth Wave Innovations has repeatedly demonstrated with on-site pilot testing that it can add approximately USD$125/oz to its customers bottom line and expects its portion, based on its sales model, to be approximately 30% of that savings leaving a total revenue opportunity for Sixth Wave Innovations of USD$4.7 billion per year. With this market opportunity even modest market penetration could push the Company to a billion dollar valuation.
Sixth Wave Innovations’ MIPs also have the potential for use in medical applications, including re-thinking Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and the detection of viruses like COVID-19. Through the development of a rapid virus detection platform using MIPs, testing could be made available through point-of-use screening at high volume, and PPE could be enhanced in its protective capabilities.
Through partnerships with NeoCon International, Centre Technologique des Résidus Industriels (CTRI) and The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), Sixth Wave Innovations is in development of both point-of-care tests and their Smart Mask™, the incorporation of virus detection technology in both N95 compliant and other masks. Moreover, since virus detection utilizing Sixth Wave Innovations’ technology will allow virtually instantaneous detection via colorimetric or electronic detection, Sixth Wave Innovations will be able to seamlessly provide integration into contact tracing systems,. Proof of concept is expected by the end of 2020, and commercialization through global rollout is planned for 2021.
Sixth Wave Innovations Company Highlights
- Sixth Wave Innovations is a nanotechnology company that uses patented Molecularly imprinted Polymers (MIPs) for detecting, capturing, and releasing substances at the molecular level.
- Proof of concept of Smart Mask™ is expected by the end of 2020, with a global rollout of AMIPS rapid virus detection planned for 2021.
AMIPS technology could be implemented for less than C$5, with the ultimate goal of the project to apply this platform or technology to new viral threats quickly and at mass-production levels.
- Systems are developed and owned completely by Sixth Wave Innovations and protected with patented/patent pending in over 40 countries worldwide.
- Sixth Wave Innovations’ IXOS® extraction based on MIPs targets specific molecules in the desired metal, eliminating the need for regeneration, which is faster, less expensive and can yield higher purity gold with the potential for more capacity.
Affinity™ technology can reduce product loss and lead to higher purity of THC and CBD while providing a simplified streamline of the traditional process of extraction at an eighth of the cost.
- With extraction system Affinity™, Sixth Wave Innovations has gained international interest with inquiries for installation from cannabis producers from over 250 units.
- Sixth Wave Innovations also acquired 100 percent of the outstanding common shares of Geolithic Corp, which was established in January of 2017 as a joint venture between TriLateral and Sixth Wave to exploit the latter’s technology for the extraction of lithium from geothermal brines located primarily in the Salton Sea area of California.
- Sixth Wave Innovations also engages Alberta Center for Advanced MicroNanotechnology Products (“ACAMP”) to integrate Radio Frequency (“RF”) technology with the company’s Accelerated Molecularly Imprinted Polymer (“AMIPs™”) virus detection technology, to create smart prototypes such as the company’s proposed SmartMask™