In case you missed it, here is this week’s resource big news roundup.
According to Bloomberg, “a swirl of trade headlines and tweets whipsawed financial markets as investors attempted to assess the contours of a partial deal reached between the US and China.” US President Donald Trump confirmed on Friday morning that new tariffs were not going to be implemented this upcoming Sunday as the markets were previously led to believe. Optimism in the trade deal going through, however, has been tempered by the uncertainty of whether China has agreed to enough agricultural purchases or if the US plans to roll-back any existing tariffs. Despite the lingering uncertainties, these positive developments resulted in a rise in the S&P/TSX Composite Index (INDEXTSI:OSPTX) on Friday on the back of crude oil prices, which are at a three-month high.
As for the S&P/TSX Venture Composite Index (INDEXTSI:JX), it followed the path of the TSX and jumped around with the flow of market news. The index was on the rise today after the US House Judiciary Committee approved two impeachment charges against Trump, moving the process to a full House vote. Eight of the 12 Toronto subgroups were up for the day with information technology, health care and real estate leading the way in gains.
In case you missed it, here is this week’s resource big news roundup:
- Thunderstruck Drills 14.5 Percent Zinc over 6.3 Metres at Its Korokayiu Copper-Zinc VMS Prospect
- ExGen Options Gordon Lake High-Grade Gold Property, NWT to Blue Lagoon Resources
- PLAN Signs Agreement with University of Alberta on Developing Fly Ash Alternative
- Vanadium One Commences a Preliminary Economic Assessment at The Mont Sorcier Iron Ore and Vanadium Project
- Magnis Energy Executes Binding EPC Contract with Metallurgical Corporation of China (MCC)
- Emgold to Acquire up to 55 Percent Interest in the East-West Property, Val D’Or Quebec
- Triumph Gold Announces Promising Drill Results from The Freegold Mountain Property, Yukon, Including 174 g/t Gold over 1 Metre in the WAu Breccia
- Red Pine Exploration Announces Increased Interest in Wawa Gold Project
- Otso Gold Commences Trading Under OTSO.V and Publishes New Website