In case you missed it, here is this week’s resource big news roundup.
After last week’s trade drama, US President Donald Trump stated that he was interested in resolving the trade war through continued talks with China. Chinese Vice Premier Liu He echoed these sentiments, putting recession fears to rest for the moment. Following these announcements, the S&P/TSX Composite Index (INDEXTSI:OSPTX) has been on the rise due to robust economic data. On the economic front, Statistics Canada announced that Canada’s economy grew by 3.7 percent in the second quarter, which is higher than expected.
As for the S&P/TSX Venture Composite Index (INDEXTSI:JX), it is also on the rise today. Seven of the 12 Toronto subgroups reached new highs with health-care stocks leading the pack with a 0.6 percent gain; industrials were up 0.5 percent and consumer discretionary gained 0.4 percent. Gold was hit the heaviest, down by 0.6 percent, followed by energy and consumer staples, down 0.5 percent and 0.3 percent, respectively.
In case you missed it, here is this week’s resource big news roundup:
- Glencore and First Cobalt Sign Definitive Agreement
- American Manganese Inc. Reports Pilot Plant Results of 99.94 Percent Purity from Recovered NCA Cathode Material
- Go Metals Samples 22.3 Percent Cu on Monster IOCG
- Nevada Sunrise Regains 100 Percent Interest in Gemini Lithium Project in Nevada
- Golden Predator Provides Mining Restart Notice For Brewery Creek Mine To Yukon Government; Updates on Bridge Upgrade
- Renforth Channels 20.8 g/t Au over 0.5m, Discovers New Gold-Bearing Veins at Wholly Owned New Alger Property, Cadillac Gold Camp
- Nexus Gold Samples 15.3 g/t Au at the New Pilot Gold Project
- Rio Tinto Exploration Canada Enters Option to Purchase Triumph Gold’s Andalusite Peak Copper-Gold-Silver Property in Northwestern British Columbia
- Noble Fully Repays Mining Land Taxes on Project 81
- Western Copper and Gold Completes Acquisition of Canadian Creek Property From Cariboo Rose