Cannabis Big News Roundup: Wayland Closes Transaction with ICC International Cannabis Corp.; Yield Growth Announces Licensing Agreement for $1M; Hill Street Announces Acquisition of OneLeaf Cannabis
In case you missed it, here is this week’s big news roundup for cannabis:
- Wayland Group Closes Transaction with ICC International Cannabis Corp.
- Heritage Signs Processing and Supply Term Sheet with Canntab
- High Hampton Engages California Branding Agency to support build out of brand identity across its portfolio
- Relevium Acquires Exclusive Licence From California Based Cannakids®
- CROP Subsidiary Enters 5 Month CBD Isolate Supply Agreement With BIOSCIENCE ENTERPRISES, INC.
- Yield Growth Announces Licensing Agreement for $1 Million Consideration for U.S. Rights to 56 White Label Formulations for CBD and THC Infused Products
- Khiron Announces Addition to $1.2B MJ ETFMG Alternative Harvest ETF
- Chemesis International Inc. Receives Three Additional Cultivation Licenses & Begins Process to Increase Land Package by 10,000 Acres in Colombia
- Halo Labs Announces Strategic Partnership with High Tide for Exclusive Distribution of DabTabsTM Home Preparation Kits
- Geyser Brands Inc. Announces Signing Of Definitive Agreement To Acquire Brands
- Hill Street Announces Acquisition of OneLeaf Cannabis
- Multi-State Cannabis Brand Orchid Ventures Announces Plans to Launch in Five New States
- Cannvas Signs Definitive Contract with Liberty Leaf as Exclusive Cannabis Education Provider
- Wildflower Brands and City Cannabis Sign Definitive Agreement Forming Multi-Country Multi-State-Operator
- Valens Signs Multi-Year Cannabis Extraction Agreement with Tantalus Labs
- CanadaBis Capital Launches Partnership in Education with Olds College
Philip Young, CEO and Director of Lobe, stated, “We are honored to welcome Bart to our Advisory Board. His first-hand experience on and off the field are tremendously valuable as we continue our research involving mild traumatic brain injuries and PTSD. These issues are prevalent in contact sports and we believe that athletes will play a prominent role in the continued acceptance of psychedelic medicines as legitimate treatment. We look forward to working with Bart as we seek to forge long-term strategic relationships.”
HempFusion Wellness Submits Novel Foods Dossier to the United Kingdom’s Regulatory Food Safety Agency
HempFusion Wellness Inc. (TSX:CBD.U) (OTCQX:CBDHF) (FWB:8OO) (“HempFusion” or the “Company”), a leading health and wellness CBD company utilizing the power of whole-food hemp nutrition, is pleased to announce that it has submitted its dossier to the United Kingdom’s Regulatory Food Safety Agency (the “FSA”).
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210303005322/en/
MustGrow Isolates and Concentrates a Mustard-Derived Molecule that Acts as a Systemic, Non-Selective Bioherbicide
- MustGrow has isolated and concentrated a new mustard-derived extract, thiocyanate.
- Thiocyanate is soil active and translocated in the plant as a systemic, non-selective bioherbicide (natural weed-killer).
- Greenhouse weed treatment studies have commenced with this new bioherbicide extract.
MustGrow Biologics Corp. (CSE: MGRO) (OTCQX: MGROF) (FSE: 0C0) (the “Company”, “MustGrow”) is pleased to announce that it has isolated and concentrated an additional molecule, thiocyanate, from mustard seed. Thiocyanate, which is responsible for the systemic activity behind the mustard plant’s natural herbicidal (weed-killer) properties, is the third molecule from mustard seed that MustGrow has isolated, extracted, and concentrated. MustGrow had previously reported herbicidal proof-of-concept success without isolating thiocyanate and now expects to build on those studies with this additional herbicidal mode-of-action now identified.
Thiocyanate extract has the potential to be a natural organic non-selective bioherbicide that is soil active with systemic translocated properties. Systemic activity, or the ability of the active ingredient to move from soil, to roots, and then to stem and leaves, is particularly significant given that the leading synthetic herbicide glyphosate is not soil active, and only acts on the above ground parts of the weed it contacts. MustGrow believes a tremendous opportunity exists to potentially replace or compliment glyphosate in certain systems, by providing a natural organic solution. Globally, glyphosate is being phased out, including recent announcements by Germany and Mexico by 2024. France recently announced glyphosate restrictions but stopped short of a full ban because of a lack of non-chemical alternatives.
Koios Expands Texas Presence with Upcoming Placements in Select Stores of Drug Emporium, a Pharmacy Chain in TX, AR, LA
Drug Emporium is a chain of “big box” pharmacies in Texas, Arkansas, and Louisiana with standard pharmacy departments as well as “store-within-a-store” features such as “Vitamins Plus”. This month, the Company’s KOIOS™ and Fit Soda™ beverage products will be placed in select Texas locations of Drug Emporium, complementing existing placements of the Company’s products in the state of Texas, including in more than 100 HEB supermarkets.
Koios Beverage Corp. (CSE: KBEV; OTC: KBEVF) (the “Company” or “Koios”) is pleased to announce that beginning this month, all five flavours of its KOIOS ™ nootropic beverage and all four flavours of its Fit Soda ™ functional beverage will be carried in select Texas locations of Drug Emporium, a “big box” pharmacy chain with stores in Texas (population 29 million), Arkansas (population 3 million), and Louisiana (population 4.65 million). In late 2020, the Company announced that its Fit Soda ™ functional beverage product is now carried in more than 100 HEB supermarkets in Texas . Additionally, the Company announced last week that its KOIOS ™ nootropic beverage product was to be added to all locations of Louisiana supermarket chain Matherne’s including its storefront located across from the Louisiana State University’s Tiger Stadium which is the eighth-largest stadium in the world. The Company has sustained its focus on placing its beverage products with regional grocery chains who can play a key role in accelerating market penetration in a given geographic region. By adding to its existing presence in the southeastern United States through local chains such as Drug Emporium and national banner retailers such as Walmart, the Company believes that it is favourably positioned to gain greater market share in the functional beverages category. The Company’s beverage products are currently sold in more than 4,000 stores in the United States.
Love Hemp Group PLC (AQSE:LIFE)(OTCQB:WRHLF), is pleased to announce that, further to the Company’s announcement on 15 February 2021, the change of name from World High Life Plc to Love Hemp Group PLC has become effective
All share certificates that are presently in the hands of investors will be valid and do not need to be exchanged for new share certificates.