Cannabis Big News Roundup: CROP Selling Italian and Jamaican Assets for $2M; Chemesis Signs US$4 Million Annual Purchase Order; Koios Secures Purchase Order with Walmart
In case you missed it, here is this week’s big news roundup for cannabis:
- Flowr Partners with Celebrated Canadian Chef Ryan Reed to Develop Premium Edibles and Engages ICR
- Chemesis International Inc. Signs USD $4 Million Annual Purchase Order
- Aura Announces Signing of Definitive Share Purchase Agreement to Acquire Licenced Medical Cannabis Distributor in Germany
- FSD Pharma Enters into Five Year Supply and Loan Agreement with Canntab Therapeutics and World Class Extractions on Organic Hemp Deal
- Acreage Announces Grand Openings Of Two The Botanist Dispensaries in February
- High Hampton Holdings Signs Binding LOI with California’s 2083 Group
- YIELD GROWTH Registers with Health Canada 3 Lip Glosses with Hemp Root Oil made using Urban Juve’s Patent Pending Extraction Technology
- Cannex Subsidiary 4Front Holdings Strengthens Operating Platform with Strategic Acquisitions in Massachusetts and Arizona
- Valens Signs Multi-Year Cannabis and Hemp Extraction Agreement with Tilray
- CROP Selling Italian and Jamaican Assets for $2,000,000
- Koios Beverage Corp secures purchase order with Walmart; to supply 1,094 locations across the US
- Redfund Agrees to Funding Cannaki Beverage
- High Tide Announces the Opening of its Tenth Canna Cabana Store
- Naturally Splendid’s HempOmega(tm) Infused Beer Expands Distribution to Missouri
- Ignite International Brands Signs Binding Letter of Intent for Manufacture and Distribution of Cannabis Products in Europe.
- Weekend Unlimited Announces Entry Into Oklahoma Market
- Heritage Launches Medical Cannabis Division
- 1933 Industries Signs on Pro MMA Fighter Sarah Moras to Promote Canna HempX and its New Action Sports Division
- Grown Rogue Announces Binding Agreement for Michigan Cannabis Licenses and Assets
- Isodiol International Inc. Announces Launch of Convenience Store Retail Program into Thousands of Locations Nationwide, Starting with Florida and Arizona Through its Partnership with the Asian American Trade Associations Council (AATAC)
Both locations expand access to the state’s widest-ranging inventory of medical cannabis products for Central Florida patients
Trulieve Cannabis Corp. (CSE: TRUL) (OTCQX: TCNNF) (“Trulieve” or “the Company”), a leading and top-performing cannabis company based in the United States announced today the opening of two brand-new Central Florida dispensaries. The new Clearwater and Tampa locations mark the Company’s 81 st and 82 nd nationwide, respectively, widening patient access to Florida’s largest and broadest assortment of high-quality medical cannabis products.
Philip Young, CEO and Director of Lobe, stated, “We are honored to welcome Bart to our Advisory Board. His first-hand experience on and off the field are tremendously valuable as we continue our research involving mild traumatic brain injuries and PTSD. These issues are prevalent in contact sports and we believe that athletes will play a prominent role in the continued acceptance of psychedelic medicines as legitimate treatment. We look forward to working with Bart as we seek to forge long-term strategic relationships.”
HempFusion Wellness Submits Novel Foods Dossier to the United Kingdom’s Regulatory Food Safety Agency
HempFusion Wellness Inc. (TSX:CBD.U) (OTCQX:CBDHF) (FWB:8OO) (“HempFusion” or the “Company”), a leading health and wellness CBD company utilizing the power of whole-food hemp nutrition, is pleased to announce that it has submitted its dossier to the United Kingdom’s Regulatory Food Safety Agency (the “FSA”).
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210303005322/en/
MustGrow Isolates and Concentrates a Mustard-Derived Molecule that Acts as a Systemic, Non-Selective Bioherbicide
- MustGrow has isolated and concentrated a new mustard-derived extract, thiocyanate.
- Thiocyanate is soil active and translocated in the plant as a systemic, non-selective bioherbicide (natural weed-killer).
- Greenhouse weed treatment studies have commenced with this new bioherbicide extract.
MustGrow Biologics Corp. (CSE: MGRO) (OTCQX: MGROF) (FSE: 0C0) (the “Company”, “MustGrow”) is pleased to announce that it has isolated and concentrated an additional molecule, thiocyanate, from mustard seed. Thiocyanate, which is responsible for the systemic activity behind the mustard plant’s natural herbicidal (weed-killer) properties, is the third molecule from mustard seed that MustGrow has isolated, extracted, and concentrated. MustGrow had previously reported herbicidal proof-of-concept success without isolating thiocyanate and now expects to build on those studies with this additional herbicidal mode-of-action now identified.
Thiocyanate extract has the potential to be a natural organic non-selective bioherbicide that is soil active with systemic translocated properties. Systemic activity, or the ability of the active ingredient to move from soil, to roots, and then to stem and leaves, is particularly significant given that the leading synthetic herbicide glyphosate is not soil active, and only acts on the above ground parts of the weed it contacts. MustGrow believes a tremendous opportunity exists to potentially replace or compliment glyphosate in certain systems, by providing a natural organic solution. Globally, glyphosate is being phased out, including recent announcements by Germany and Mexico by 2024. France recently announced glyphosate restrictions but stopped short of a full ban because of a lack of non-chemical alternatives.
Green Thumb Industries and California’s #1 Cannabis-Infused Beverage Cann Announce Partnership to Expand Nationally
- Cannabis-Infused Beverage Category Appeals to New-to-Category Consumers as Alternate to Alcohol
- Cann Offers Portfolio of Micro-dosed Social Tonics, Low in Calories with All-Natural Ingredients
- Complements Green Thumb’s Brand Portfolio with Beverage Category Offering
Green Thumb Industries Inc. (“Green Thumb”) (CSE: GTII) (OTCQX: GTBIF), a leading cannabis consumer packaged goods company and owner of Rise™ Dispensaries, today announced an exclusive partnership with leading cannabis-infused beverage brand Cann to manufacture and distribute its line of cannabis-infused sparkling beverages beginning in Illinois this spring. Green Thumb and Cann will expand distribution to additional markets including New Jersey, which recently legalized adult-use cannabis sales.
“The cannabis beverage category is poised for growth. Consumers are increasingly entering the market seeking alternatives to alcohol with familiar consumption experiences,” said Green Thumb Founder and CEO Ben Kovler. “Cann sits squarely in this opportunity, delivers on the consumer need, and complements our brand portfolio with entry into the beverage segment. What’s even better is cannabis drinks can offer a superior experience, fewer calories and no hangover compared to alcohol. We are investing in the space and in the Cann team and we couldn’t be more excited to bring California’s #1 cannabis beverage brand to Illinois and beyond.”