Altura Mining Ltd. (ASX:AJM) announced that construction and development of its Altura lithium project is getting close to completion, with the project remaining on track for commissioning in the first quarter of 2018. Product sales should start the following quarter.
Highlights are as follows:
- Civil Works are complete with only minor installations required over the coming weeks
- Key plant items such as the Crushing and Screening Plants, Dense Media Separation Modules and High Pressure Grinding Rolls are all close to completion
- Construction on the Run‐of‐Mine (ROM) Wall is complete
- Practical completion issued on the Tailings Storage Facility
- The Mine Operations Centre is now fully operational and has been occupied by the Altura and NRW workforce
- The Board has recently approved an owner/operator model for the processing plant after completing a careful market investigation
- Stage 1 construction remains on schedule for first lithium concentrate sales in the June Quarter 2018
James Brown, managing director of Altura, commented:
The Board and Management of Altura outlined an aggressive timetable when we broke ground in March last year on the Altura Lithium Project, to place the company in a position to become the first major producer in 2018. The work completed since then has been outstanding and to be nearing completion on the mine site within this specified targeted date keeps Altura firmly on track to start commissioning in Q1 2018, with product sales to commence in Q2 2018.