The company said the report shows the results of additional technical and economic optimization studies to update the February 2018 PEA.
ScoZinc Mining (TSXV:SZM) has announced that the report for the updated Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA) on its wholly-owned ScoZinc Zinc-Lead Mine in Nova Scotia, Canada is available on SEDAR.
The company said the report shows the results of additional technical and economic optimization studies to update the February 2018 PEA. Project returns remain very robust as increased throughput, lower Canadian dollar assumption and lower initial capital largely offset lower metal price assumptions.
In the press release, the company said that compared with the February 2018 PEA, the update includes the following:
- Revised mill process plan to incorporate a recently purchased SAG mill, which allows for higher throughput
- Fine-tuned mill performance parameters incorporating historical daily records
- A more detailed monthly life-of-mine (LOM) plan and production schedule
- Updated and refined capital and operating costs
- Additionally, changes in market conditions and outlook in late 2018 warranted revisions to some of the Base Case assumptions incorporated into the revised PEA; particularly a downward revision to metal prices and the Canadian dollar (CAD) to US dollar (USD) exchange rate.