Cannabis Big News Roundup: Flower One and CannAmerica Brands Enter Long-Term Licensing Agreement; Valens Increases Extraction Capacity to 240,000KG; Weekend Unlimited Signs Definitive Agreement With R&D Pharma for Jamaican Interests
In case you missed it, here is this week’s big news roundup for cannabis:
- Crop Receives 2019 Production and Extraction Licenses for Its 2,115 Acre Nevada Hemp Operations
- Harvest One Cannabis Signs Validation Testing Program Agreement with BLOCKStrain Technology
- Green Growth Brands Launches Seventh Sense eCommerce Website
- Next Green Wave Signs MOU with Organic Medical Growth to Enter the Colombian Medical Cannabis Market
- Flower One and CannAmerica Brands Enter Long-Term Licensing Agreement to Meet Demand for Cannabis Edibles in Nevada
- Beleave Selects 3 Sixty Secure Corp. to Provide Secure Transport Services for Medical and Non-Medical Cannabis Products
- Naturally Splendid to Acquire Cannabinoid Extraction Equipment from Wahupta
- Valens Increases Extraction Capacity Significantly to 240,000KG
- TransCanna Announces the Completion of 420 Global
- YIELD GROWTH Manufactures 6 New Proprietary Urban Juve Products
- High Tide Announces the Opening of its Eighth Canna Cabana Store
- Invitcus Secures Supply Agreement With The Ontario Cannabis Retail Corporation
- 1933 Industries Accelerates Its CBD Consumer Product Distribution Into 46 US States
- Inner Spirit Expanding into Ontario Market with Kingston Location
- Weekend Unlimited Signs Definitive Agreement With R&D Pharma for Jamaican Interests
- Biome Grow Announces Memorandum Of Understanding To Purchase Up To 20,000 kg Per Year Of Hemp-Grown CBD Extract From Industrial Hemp Grower CBD Acres
- James E. Wagner Cultivation Corporation Licenses its Proprietary GrowthSTORM(TM) System to Wellness Farms
- FSD Pharma Enters into Supply Agreement with Canntab Therapeutics and World Class Extractions on Organic Hemp Deal
- Lineage Grow Company Ltd. and FLRish, Inc. dba Harborside Announce Definitive Merger Agreement on Reverse Takeover
- Lotus Submits Cannabis License Evidence Package to Health Canada
- Pure Global Signs MOU for Supply Agreement with Craft Cannabis Experts: Emerald Plants Health Source
- Chemesis International Inc. to Expand Manufacturing Capacity in California
- Cannara Biotech Shares to Begin Trading on the Frankfurt Exchange
Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in cannabis space have helped boost the industry to new levels.
Strategic sale of non-core assets by Lobe adds non-dilutive capital and shareholder value
Lobe Sciences Ltd. (CSE: LOBE) (OTC Pink: GTSIF) (“Lobe” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce, further to its press release dated February 23, 2021, that it has completed the sale to Ionic Brands Corp. (“Ionic Brands”) of Lobe’s non-core cannabis assets relating to Washington-based Cowlitz County Cannabis Cultivation Inc. (“Cowlitz”) held by Lobe’s subsidiary vendor, Green Star Biosciences Inc. (the “Transaction”).
Seattle Area Grocery Chain Metropolitan Market to Begin Carrying KOIOS and Fit Soda on March 22, 2021
Adding to its existing presence on the west coast of the United States, all five KOIOS™ flavours and all four Fit Soda™ flavours will be carried in Metropolitan Market stores beginning on Monday, March 22, 2021. Serving the Seattle-Tacoma area (population 3.87 million), Metropolitan Market is one of five chains under its parent firm Good Food Holdings, which has a total of 51 stores in California, Oregon, and Washington State.
Koios Beverage Corp. (CSE: KBEV; OTC: KBEVF) (the “Company” or “Koios”) is pleased to announce that beginning on Monday, March 22, 2021, Koios’ entire line of canned beverage products will be sold at all locations of Metropolitan Market, an urban format supermarket chain in the Seattle-Tacoma area of Washington State. In Q1 2021, the Company announced multiple placements of its beverage products with regional grocers in markets on the west coast of the United States including Market of Choice in Oregon Jensen’s in Southern California and major natural grocery chain Sprouts Farmers Market which has a substantial west coast presence with over one third of its locations (360+ stores across 23 states) in California as well as Washington State 1 . The Company has also recently announced other developments relating to its expansion efforts being undertaken in 2021 such as an in-house beverage canning facility and distribution agreements with regional and national wholesale partners.
Pineapple Express Delivery Partners with CannTrust to Offer Same-Day and Next-Day Delivery for estoraTM Medical Cannabis Patients in Ontario
Ensuring estoraTMpatients have seamless access to their high-quality medical cannabis products
World-Class Extractions Inc. (CSE:PUMP)(FRA:WCF)(OTCQB:WCEXF) (the “Company” or “World-Class”) is pleased to announce that its subsidiary Pineapple Express Delivery Inc. (“Pineapple Express Delivery” or “PED”), a leading logistics technology company offering compliant and secure delivery of controlled substances and regulated products, has partnered with CannTrust Inc. to bring same-day and next-day delivery to estoraTM medical cannabis patients in Ontario
American cannabis sales hit US$17.5 billion in 2020, a research group’s new study shows.
Meanwhile, a Canadian cannabis producer began offering CBD beverages in the US, another move that shows how interested Canadians are in the overall US cannabis market at the moment.