Near-term Gold Production in Spain
Black Dragon Gold (TSXV:BDG;FWB:BCD) (formerly Astur Gold Corp.) is a gold exploration company focused on bringing its wholly-owned Salave Gold Project to production in the near-term. Located in the Asturias region of northern Spain, the project is one of the largest undeveloped gold deposits in Western Europe with an NI43-101 measured and indicated resources of 816,000 ounces gold grading 5.35 g/t gold (2.5 g/t gold cut off).
Following the completion of strategic management and structural changes to the company in August 2016, Black Dragon Gold is now ready to actively fast-track the Salave project to production.
A bankable feasibility study is currently underway at Salave and Black Dragon Gold’s management expects to publish the report in early 2017 in conjunction with finalizing the permitting process. The company is looking to 2018 to commence production at Salave.
Black Dragon Gold’s new management team is made up of experienced members of Lionsbridge, a global firm specializing in both financial and corporate services for the natural resources and energy sectors. Lionsbridge identifies significantly undervalue assets and works to resolve roadblocks in order to unlock value for shareholders.
In August 2016, Black Dragon Gold completed a private placement generating gross proceeds of more than $514,000; a second tranche of financing is expected to be finalized shortly.
- Advanced project with 40 million euros invested to date; well-defined resource majority of feasibility work complete.
- PEA indicated strong economics high grade and low operational costs.
- Undervalued with a current market capitalization of $2.9 million (5.5c, approximately $4 per resource ounce); previous market cap in excess of $90 million.
- Measured and indicated category resources containing 816,000 ounces gold grading 5.35 g/t gold at a 2.5 g/t gold cut off.
- Simple flow sheet and mine plan deploying proven technology; flotation gold recoveries of 96 percent.
- Experienced management and technical team: Both Lionsbridge and Westech International have a strong track record of fast-tracking projects and resolving permitting, social and technical issues.
- Repaired balance sheet after Lionsbridge arranged a debt restructuring from $10 million facility to $3 million and a limited royalty.
- Spain recognized as a good mining investment jurisdiction with low sovereign risk, member of EU and OECD.