In case you missed it, here is this week’s resource big news roundup.
The markets remained positive to close the week following the impeachment of US President Donald Trump on Thursday. While the third impeachment of a sitting US President itself is massive news, the investor focus appears to be on the looming end to the trade war between the United States and China. “It appears to be having zero effect,” Michael Currie, vice president and investment adviser at TD Wealth told BNN Bloomberg. “You would have expected maybe a little uncertainty, a little confusion, a little up and down, but just business as usual. It’s like it didn’t even happen.” Both investors and political analysts appear convinced that Donald Trump’s impeachment will not ultimately result in his removal from office.
The S&P/TSX Composite Index (INDEXTSI:OSPTX) continued to rise this week on the heels of trade talk optimism, closing Thursday’s session at 17,064.00, 64 points short of a record high.
On Bay Street, the TSX Venture Exchange dropped 0.06 points to 544.58 on Friday. The relatively quiet week was driven by 12 subsectors that saw small rises over the week including technology (up 0.7 percent), financial (up 0.5 percent), and consumer staples (up 0.4 percent).
In case you missed it, here is this week’s resource big news roundup:
- Nevada Copper Commences Production at Pumpkin Hollow
- Aurex Energy Corp. Signs Natural Gas Agreement
- Noble Completes Royalty Reduction Agreements
- Western Announces Significant Northern Extension of Casino
- Great Bear Drills New “Gap” Zone: 16.80 g/t Gold Over 4.15 m and 1.25 g/t Gold Over 45.50 m
- White Gold Corp. Drills 4.31 g/t Au over 11.6m from 31.0m Depth, Extends High-Grade Mineralized Structures Within Large Mineralized Zone at Vertigo Discovery, JP Ross Property