ION Energy has launched its campaign on the Investing News Network’s lithium channel.
ION Energy is a resource exploration company focused on lithium exploration in southeast Mongolia. With one of the largest mining licenses in Mongolia, ION Energy is working to leverage its first-mover advantage as it explores over 80,000 hectares containing lithium brine and spodumene targets. The company’s Baavhai-Uul project in the Sukhbaatar province is home to high-grade near-surface lithium brines of up to 810ppm with low potassium and magnesium.
Through its Mongolian projects, ION Energy is working to target the global lithium market, which was worth approximately US$2.86 billion in 2017. According to Adroit Market Research, the global lithium market is projected to reach US$5.88 billion by the end of 2025. Environmental concerns regarding the impact of internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles have pushed automakers and consumers towards the emerging electric vehicle market, which is projected to result in 125 million EVs on the road by 2030, according to the International Energy Agency.
ION Energy’s company highlights include the following:
- 81,758-hectare lithium brine property in southeast Mongolia
- Holder of one of the largest mining licenses in Mongolia
- 25 percent of the company owned by management
- Lithium market boosted by rising electric vehicle and green energy demand
- Accomplished management team with extensive experience working with the Mongolian government