Silver Standard Resources (NASDAQ: SSRI) (TSX: SSO) (“Silver Standard”) reports second quarter 2017 operating results at our three mines.
Second Quarter 2017 Operating Highlights
- Continued strong production growth: Quarterly attributable production exceeded 100,000 gold equivalent ounces from three operations.
- Increased tonnage at Marigold: Mined 18.0 million tonnes and stacked 6.9 million tonnes of ore, both a quarter-on-quarter increase.
- Gold production at Marigold to plan: Produced 55,558 ounces of gold during the second quarter of 2017.
- Higher mill throughput at Seabee: Record monthly ore milled at approximately 1,050 tonnes per day in June 2017, supporting strong quarterly mill ore tonnage of 928 tonnes per day.
- Robust gold production at Seabee: Produced 20,690 ounces of gold during the second quarter of 2017.
Exceeded planned operating performance at Pirquitas: The mill continued to operate at a rate of approximately 5,000 tonnes per day. Combined with higher than expected grades within the stockpiles, this contributed to total silver production of 1.9 million ounces during the second quarter, 28% higher than the first quarter.