ArcelorMittal (referred to as “ArcelorMittal” or the “Company”) (MT (New York, Amsterdam, Paris, Luxembourg), MTS (Madrid)), the world’s leading integrated steel and mining company, today announced results for the three month and nine month periods ended September 30, 2017.
- Health and safety: LTIF rate of 0.67x in 3Q 2017 as compared to 0.72x in 2Q 2017 and 0.84x in 3Q 2016
- Operating income of $1.2 billion in 3Q 2017 as compared to $1.4 billion in 2Q 2017; 2.5% higher YoY
- EBITDA of $1.9 billion in 3Q 2017 as compared to $2.1 billion in 2Q 2017; 1.5% higher YoY
- Net income of $1.2 billion in 3Q 2017 lower as compared to $1.3 billion in 2Q 2017 and higher as compared to $0.7 billion in 3Q 2016
- Steel shipments of 21.7Mt in 3Q 2017, an increase of 1.0% as compared to 2Q 2017; +6.8% YoY; steel shipments of 64.2Mt in 9M 2017, up 0.6% YoY
- 3Q 2017 iron ore shipments of 15Mt (+8.1% YoY), of which 9.1Mt shipped at market prices (+12.3% YoY); 9M 2017 market price iron ore shipments at 27.2Mt, up 6.8% YoY
- Net debt of $12.0 billion as of September 30, 2017, as compared to $11.9 billion as of June 30, 2017, primarily due to a negative foreign exchange impact ($0.2 billion)