LONDON, May 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Get stronger essentials to make unique custom apps which work across iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac and the web Today FileMaker, Inc. announced the latest release of its successful custom app platform, FileMaker 15. This upgraded platform improves upon the fundamentals of custom app development with new features in five … Continued
LONDON, May 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ —
Get stronger essentials to make unique custom apps which work across iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac and the web
Today FileMaker, Inc. announced the latest release of its successful custom app platform, FileMaker 15. This upgraded platform improves upon the fundamentals of custom app development with new features in five key areas: mobility, automation/integration, ease of use, security and performance.
The FileMaker Platform provides all the essentials for creating a custom app that fits an organisation’s unique business needs and is flexible, easily integrated and works across iPad, iPhone, Mac, Windows and the web.
New features of the FileMaker 15 Platform include:
- Mobility: Touch ID support enables developers to securely access their custom apps with the touch of a finger, while 3D Touch support enables quick access to specific apps. New app extensions offer content customisation and cloud-based file sharing, as well as iBeacon support offering location-based data from the custom app. Also FileMaker WebDirect enables customers to use a mobile phone to access FileMaker apps in a web browser.
- Automation & Integration: Timesaving tools include in-product updates and the ability to instantly recover scripting work with multiple undo available. Red highlighted text helps to easily identify problem areas in the Script Workspace. The ESS Adapter has also improved by connecting to even more External SQL Data Sources including PostgresSQL and IBM DB2.
- Ease of use: Businesses can start managing contacts, inventory, content management and tasks instantly with the new basic Starter Solutions. The new web-based Help menu provides faster results when searching for FileMaker information and is easily downloadable. As well as this, the newly designed status toolbar in FileMaker Pro keeps custom apps looking modern and up-to-date.
- Security: A new concealed edit box hides sensitive information users don’t want displayed on their screen. Proactive security warnings have also been developed to include notifications which appear when a user tries to connect to a host or website with an invalid security certificate. FileMaker Server now supports SSL certificates from nine popular vendors and supports intermediate, subjectAltName (SAN) and wildcard certificates.
- Performance: The top call statistics-logging feature quickly diagnoses any slowdowns within the FileMaker Platform. For example, the portal in-line progress bar indicates when data filtering and sorting is complete. This process now takes place separately from other operations so developers can continue to use their apps at the same time.
- New Licensing for Teams: FileMaker has also introduced a new, simpler way for teams of five or more people to license FileMaker software. Each user can access FileMaker Pro (for User Connections), FileMaker Go, or FileMaker WebDirect – all hosted on FileMaker Server to securely share information in real time. Click here for details.
Ann Monroe, vice president of marketing, FileMaker, Inc., said: “This new release represents our ongoing effort to simplify the development and deployment of custom apps that work seamlessly across mobile devices, PCs and the web.”
About FileMaker, Inc.
FileMaker, Inc., an Apple subsidiary, delivers simply powerful software for easily creating custom apps that work seamlessly across iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac, and the web. Business teams use the FileMaker Platform to streamline their operational processes, boosting overall productivity. http://www.filemaker.com
SOURCE FileMaker, Inc.