GE Additive (NYSE:GE) has announced the opening of its first international customer experience center in Munich. As quoted in the press release: The new 2,700 square meter center, co-located with GE’s European Technology Center, allows current and potential customers to experience every aspect of the additive manufacturing process from design to prototyping to operations. Mohammad …
GE Additive (NYSE:GE) has announced the opening of its first international customer experience center in Munich.
As quoted in the press release:
The new 2,700 square meter center, co-located with GE’s European Technology Center, allows current and potential customers to experience every aspect of the additive manufacturing process from design to prototyping to operations. Mohammad Ehteshami, Vice President & General Manager GE Additive, and thought-leaders from business, politics, technology and academia gathered for the Grand Opening and discussed the potential that additive manufacturing will bring to business and industries.
GE Additive’s Customer Experience Centers are designed to help customers understand the additive process; from design to prototyping to production and guide them along the way. Customers benefit from hands-on training and instruction at the facility, covering additive design, machine operations and support.
The Customer Experience Center in Munich, launched with an investment of $15 million, will employ up to 50 GE Additive employees, including technicians and engineers specializing in additive design and production. 10 additive machines from Germany’s Concept Laser and Sweden’s Arcam EBM have been installed. The center serves as an enabler for customers to accelerate the adoption of additive in their business, regardless of where they are on their additive journey. The facility enables customers to start with a concept, design and build a prototype, and then move all the way through production, while enabling them to think through industrializing processes and helping improve their products and supply chain. The Munich center also offers a modern educational facility for their Additive Academy™ – GE Additive’s customer training team. All customers are welcome to visit the center to collaborate with the local team on additive design, process development, prototyping and industrializing their additive operations.
There are a number of ways that customers can interact with the Customer Experience Center in Munich:
- Machine Access – Access to use the latest metal additive machines (DMLM and EBM)
- AddWorks – Collaboration with GE’s additive experts on product identification, design, material selection and on additive facility setup
- Prototypes – Build prototypes and see designs come to life
- Low rate initial production – Build multiple parts and develop operations process prior to full rate production
- Additive Academy – Training from the GE team of additive experts in all aspects of additive manufacturing
- Spare parts and powder – Access to GE’s team who can provide field service knowledge, spares and operational support to customers