Sino Vanadium 100% owns the Daquan Property in China containing indicated resource of 330 million pounds of V2O5 and inferred resource of 370 million pounds of V2O5. China is the largest consumer of vanadium which it uses for high strength steel and titanium alloys, various chemical applications including a rapidly growing use in high power density, extra long life batteries.
Daquan Vanadium Project, Shaanxi, China
Highlights Owns 100% Daquan Property in Shaanxi China
- Mining License approved including all environmental approvals
- NI 43-101 Technical Report completed in April, 2009
- Indicated & Inferred Resources: 34.2 million tonnes
- an average grade of 0.95% V2O5
- NI 43-101 Scoping Study initiated and expected in Q4/2009
- Planning to build a 10,000 tpd production plant to produce 33 million t V2O5 annually
Numerous Growth Opportunities:
- Consolidation of nearby producing mines
- Consolidating 9 nearby deposits
- Commission Production of the Daquan mine by Q1, 2012
The Daquan Property is situated in Shangnan County, southeast Shaanxi Province, China, about 200 kilometers southeast of Xi’an, the provincial capital, and about 40 kilometers south of the county capital of Shangnan. The Property contains a sedimentary rock unit that is enriched in vanadium at levels of concentration that are of potential economic significance. The 2009 drilling program was comprised of 12 holes with an aggregate length of 3620 meters. The holes were intended to test the vanadium bearing zone throughout the strike length that had previously been tested by trenching and tunnelling. In addition, 111 V2O5 assays were added to the existing database of 555 assays previously obtained. One of Wardrop’s conclusions in the Report speaks to the volume of information that has been considered in this study of this Property:
“. . . the distribution of vanadium is both extensive and relatively homogeneous, and can be reasonably presumed to be significantly more extensive than the volume of rock for which the resource has been estimated.”
- Ma Zhaoyang, Chairman and Principal. Mr. Ma earned his Masters Degree in Management from Northwest Polytechnics University in 1997. He is presently a PhD in Management Studies and Vice Professor at NPU’s School of Management, He has been a financial advisor and in the private equity investment business for over 10 years, and has been actively involved in investing in, acquisition of and building of companies in the mining industry since 2001. Mr. Ma has also served as Director of two publicly listed companies; Xian Kaiyuan Holding Group Co., Ltd (SH: 000516) and Taihua plc (AIM), UK; which are in retail and pharmaceuticals respectively.
- Liu Bingqiang, CEO and Principal. After obtaining his Bachelors Degree from Changsha Railroad University, Mr. Liu worked his way up to Section Chief of the 20th Bureau of China’s Ministry of Railways. In 2001, he founded and was chairman of Shaanxi Mingtai Engineering Construction Co., Ltd., which focused on construction of roads, expressways, bridges, tunnels, municipal works and industrial and civilian buildings, with projects in more than 10 Chinese provinces. Mr. Liu founded Shaanxi Bingtai Mining Industry Co., Ltd. (SXBT) in 2003, which currently wholly owns and operates a 300,000 tpy coal mine and coal reserves of up to 10 million tonnes. He also co-owned a lead-zinc mine with a 270,000 tonne reserve and 500t/d capacity.
- Elena Master, CFO. Ms Masters has over 11 years of financial and operational experience in the investment industry, overseeing financial functions of public companies in Canada and companies with capitalization of over EUR 100 million internationally (US, Jersey, Cyprus, Eastern Europe).
- Murray Atkins, Director. Mr.Atkins is a principal of and has been President of Restoration Properties (a private company specializing in the acquisition, development and management of real estate) since 1996. Has been instrumental in the assembling of management and assets, and the funding of many public and private companies.
- Tiger Chen Ting, Director. Presently serving as Wellkan Resources Limited Company Secretary, Mr. Chen is experienced in corporate finance, investment analysis and private equity. Prior to joining Wellkan in 2008, Mr. Chen worked at the Investment Department of CITIC International Assets Management Limited (Hong Kong) as a Vice President and London Asia Investment Banking Limited (Beijing) as an Investment Director. In these roles, Mr. Chen was responsible for exploring investment opportunities in China, assessing and executing the investment projects.
Get an Investor Kit!
Latest News on Sino Vanadium