In case you missed it, here is this week’s resource big news roundup.
The US stock market took a $25 billion a minute hit on Wednesday when Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell announced the bank’s interest rate cuts, despite his explanation as to why the cuts are not the start of a lengthy easing cycle. The S&P/TSX Composite index (INDEXTSI:OSPTX) took a hit as well from the news. On Friday, the index took a second hit following a sharp escalation in the US-China trade war, but oil prices lifted energy stocks, keeping the losses in check. As for the S&P/TSX Venture Composite Index (INDEXTSI:JX), the index climbed 0.97 points to open the market today at 592.30 points. All but three of the 12 subgroups were down to begin the session.
In case you missed it, here is this week’s resource big news roundup:
- Leading Edge Materials Produces Expandable Graphite In Line With Current Market Products from Woxna, Sweden
- E3 Metals Builds First Lab Scale Lithium Extraction Flow System
- American Manganese’s Lonnie Rare Earth Assessment Work Includes 0.42 Percent Niobium in Seven Rock Samples
- Western Copper and Gold Announces Acquisition of Canadian Creek Property from Cariboo Rose
- Deer Horn Issues Q2 Review, Including Partnerships with Major US-Based NGOs