Kootenay Silver (TSXV:KTN) is pleased to announce results from the first 11 holes of the ongoing 3,400 meter drill program on its La Negra silver discovery in Sonora, Mexico currently being conducted and operated by Pan American Silver Corp.
Kootenay Silver (TSXV:KTN) is pleased to announce results from the first 11 holes of the ongoing 3,400 meter drill program on its La Negra silver discovery in Sonora, Mexico currently being conducted and operated by Pan American Silver Corp. (TSX: PAA, NASDAQ: PAAS) (“Pan American”). The current definition drill program on La Negra is part of an option agreement completed in February 2016 between Kootenay and Pan American that provides Kootenay with a series of work and cash commitments and a carried to production interest on La Negra.
A series of deeper infill drill holes from the current program have confirmed the results from previous drilling conducted by Kootenay on La Negra (See Kootenay “High-Grade Results” news release issued on April 30, 2015), as well as the presence of a second breccia zone further to the south, which currently remains open at depth and to the east.
Kootenay President and CEO James McDonald states: “We are very pleased with Pan American’s work and the results to date from the first 11 holes of the program. The confirmation of multiple high-grade intercepts of silver mineralization at depth is a significant development and further indicates potential for the silver resources to be amenable to both open pit and underground exploitation. We are also very pleased that based on the encouraging results achieved to date, Pan American is extending the program by a full 2,000 meters until the end of the year.”
Drill highlights include:
- returning three high grade intervals within 122.5 meters of 124 gpt silver and 0.15 gpt gold including:
- 693 gpt silver and 0.39 gpt gold over 6.25 meters;
- 672 gpt silver and 0.13 gpt gold over 4.65 meters; and
- 631 gpt silver and 0.18 gpt gold over 3.45 meters.
- returning from a new more southerly breccia 720 gpt silver and 0.13 gpt Au over 19 meters within 44.5 meters of 363 gpt silver and 0.12 gpt gold.
- Higher in the hole the previously known breccia graded 1,226 gpt silver and 0.28 gpt gold over 6.15 meters within 235 gpt silver and 0.09 gpt gold over 38 meters.