Talon Metals Corp. (TSX:TLO) announced that via its subsidiary, Talon Nickel (USA) LLC, it has entered into a definitive agreement with Kennecott Exploration Co., a subsidiary of the Rio Tinto Group. The agreement gives Talon the right to acquire a stake in Kennecott’s Tamarack nickel-copper-platinum project.
Tamarack investment highlights include:
- Nickel-copper-platinum project in a politically stable jurisdiction;
- Large igneous intrusive complex with 18 km of strike length, which is comparable in footprint size to some of the world’s largest and most prolific nickel copper-platinum intrusive complexes;
- An original Kennecott discovery, which is currently at an advanced-stage of exploration with more than 72,000 meters having been drilled by Kennecott;
- High grade semi-massive, massive and mixed mineralized zones, which are potentially open in all directions;
- Excellent infrastructure with grid power and a railway line on site;
- Right to acquire a 30% interest in the Tamarack Project, with a potential pathway to owning 100% of the project;
- Low risk, staged farm-in over a 3 year period.