SEMAFO Inc. announced that the commissioning of the Boungou Mine process plant is underway, with first gold pour expected in June.
SEMAFO Inc. (TSX:SMF) announced that the commissioning of the Boungou Mine process plant is underway, with the first ore scheduled to be introduced to the mill circuit by month-end. The company expects to achieve the first gold pour at Boungou in June, slightly ahead of schedule.
Highlights are as follows:
Overall project 97 percent complete
- Construction of the processing plant 100 percent complete
• Commissioning 57 percent complete
- Crushing circuit, vertimill, pre-leach and tailings thickeners, leaching/CIP circuit and water services are already commissioned
- Commissioning of the SAG mill, gravity, elution circuit, gold room, compressors and oxygen plant initiated in May
• Development on budget with US$202 million of the US$231 million capital expenditure incurred
• Pre-stripping 87 percent completed with 15.6 million of the projected 18 million tonnes extracted
- 70,000 tonnes of low-grade ore have been stockpiled on the ROM pad
• Recruitment of mine operator employees is near-complete
- Training will be completed in May
• 1,480 personnel including contractors were employed on site, 86 percent of whom are Burkinabe
- Demobilisation of construction and contract personnel has commenced
• 5.2 million man-hours (515 days) have been worked without lost-time injury