CPM Group has delivered an in-depth electrolytic manganese market study for American Manganese Inc.’s (TSX:AMY,OTC:AMYZF) Artillery Peak Manganese Project located in Mojave County, Arizona.
As quoted in the press release:
This market study represents a major component of the previously announced preliminary feasibility study that is currently underway and is scheduled for completion mid – first quarter of 2012.
A few of the most salient report highlights include:
- The worldwide demand for EMM is forecast to grow from about 1.5 million tonnes today to about 2.8 million tonnes by 2021.
- China’s share of worldwide EMM demand is forecast to rise from 87% to 89% over the 10 year forecast period.
- China’s share of EMM production is projected to fall from 98% currently to 89.4% in 2021. By 2018 it is likely that China’s demand will exceed its supply capability, and China would then become a net importer of EMM.
- Chinese industry consolidation/rationalization combined with the rising EMM production cost structure and depleting and degrading manganese resources, provides the basis for the level of price support required for building new EMM capacity outside of China.
- “Over the next 10 years real electrolytic manganese metal prices are forecast to average $1.98 per pound, reaching an annual high of $2.40 in 2021. This is nearly double the annual average price over the last 10 years.”