The company said the drilling was split between step-out and in-fill drill holes and targeted the following eight areas located mainly in the eastern portion of the mine.
Ascendant Resources (TSX:ASND) has announced results from an additional 54 diamond drill holes (10,410 metres) from its 2018 exploration and definition drilling program at its El Mochito mine in Honduras.
The company said the drilling was split between step-out and in-fill drill holes and targeted the following eight areas located mainly in the eastern portion of the mine; Port Royal Manto, Santa Barbara, Santa Elena, Porvenir, Palmar Dyke, Nueva Este, Victoria and San Juan. These results continue to support the company’s goal of adding additional mineral resources by expanding higher-grade deposits at El Mochito.
As highlighted in the press release:
- DDH 11008 – 2.2m at 31.0 percent zinc equivalent, 16.8 percent zinc, 12.2 percent lead and 257 grams per tonne (g/t) silver (Santa Elena)
- DDH 11026 – 5.4m at 9.05 percent zinc equivalent, 8.5 percent zinc, 0.3 percent lead and 16 g/t silver (Porvenir)
- DDH 11049 – 2.9m at 16.5 percent zinc equivalent, 11.3 percent zinc, 5.1 percent lead and 61.1 g/t silver (Porvenir)
- DDH 10973 – 2.6m at 14.3 percent zinc equivalent, 13.8percent zinc, 0.3 percent lead and 13.9 g/t silver (Victoria)
- DDH 11031 – 6.0m at 12.4 percent zinc equivalent, 6.2 percent zinc, 6.0 percent lead and 70.5 g/t silver (Santa Barbara)
- DDH 11065 – 12.6m at 12.2 percent zinc equivalent, 5.9 percent zinc, 5.1 percent lead and 735.2 g/t silver (Palmar Dyke)
- DDH 11053 – 18.7m at 15.9 percent zinc equivalent, 9.2 percent zinc, 4.4 percent lead and 196.2 g/t silver (Nueva Este)
- DDH 11058 – 19.5m at 10.4 percent zinc equivalent, 3.9 percent zinc, 3.3 percent lead and 237.4 g/t silver (Nueva Este)