Avanco Resources Limited (ASX:AVB) announced that the flotation plant has produced the first copper concentrates from Antas.
Avanco Resources Limited (ASX:AVB) announced that the flotation plant has produced the first copper concentrates from Antas. This is a significant milestone deliverable and bodes well for timely completion of commissioning and transition to steady-state production.
As quoted in the press release:
- The “running-in” of the Ball Mill under the supervision of Metso continues. Ramp-up to ~65tph (i.e. the hourly annualized rate equal to ~500,000tpa and the planned production throughput rate for 2016) is targeted before end of month
- The 10 metre diameter slurry tank (receiving mill cyclone overflow) situated alongside the mill is functioning well. This tank eliminates surges from the grinding circuit facilitating steady feed conditions to flotation
- In the Flotation area, the Outokumpo Rougher cells and Scavenger cells and tailings pumps are now operational and performing well
- The Denver flotation Cleaner Circuit, including: the Cleaner cells, the Cleaner Scavenger cells and associated pumps have been commissioned and are operating well
- Final copper concentrate generated by the “Re-Cleaner” flotation cells have returned assays ~28% Copper, confirming that Antas ore responds well to flotation and the quality of concentrate production meets commercial specifications
- Routine metallurgical sampling, reporting and controls have commenced
- The 15 meter diameter concentrate thickener is being commissioned. It is receiving dilute copper concentrate slurry from flotation. The dilute slurry is being “thickened” within the thickener to ~30% moisture
- Concentrate will be recovered from the thickener and directed to the filter feed- tank. Thereafter it will pumped to the Metso filter to reduce the moisture to ~8% for loading into containers
- Finishing works will continue over the coming weeks including installation of electrical terminations and lighting
- Activities are on schedule to start commissioning of the fully integrated plant before the end of March
- First shipment of copper concentrate is being targeted for April