Lessons from leading founders in the cannabis industry during the Elevate Conference in Oakland, California.
The inaugural Elevate Conference took place on September 20 in Oakland, California, with a focus on offering insight to founders and cannabis companies new to the space.
New Cannabis Ventures noted the event provided its guests with the opportunity to learn from some of the leading founders in the cannabis industry.
The conference was divided into two panels of three (six speakers in total), and moderated by Brandon David.
Highlights of the first panel included:
- Cassandra Farrington, co-founder and CEO of Marijuana Business Daily, talking about how the company has remained relevant by focusing solely on the B2B space;
- Geoff Doran, co-founder and vice president of business development at Tradiv, explaining what the company learned when it expanded to California with its online wholesale marketplace; and
- Cy Scott,co-founder and CEO of Headset, discussing how his prior experience with Leafly paved the way for its data intelligence platform.
Watch the first panel below.
The second panel highlights were as follows:
- David Hua, co-founder and CEO of Meadow, describing how the company powers delivery services with its software;
- Issac Dietrich, co-founder and CEO of MassRoots (OTCMKTS:MSRT) offering solutions to influence its user base; and
- Seibo Shen, co-founder and CEO of VapeXhale, sharing insight on challenges the company faced with a new version of its vaporization device.
Watch the second panel here.
Don’t forget to follow us @INN_Cannabis for real-time news updates.
Securities Disclosure: I, Jocelyn Aspa, hold no direct investment interest in any company mentioned in this article.