Australia’s Next Uranium Producer
Toro Energy Limited (ASX:TOE) is an Australian uranium exploration and development company focused on becoming a mid-tier global uranium producer. Toro Energy’s flagship property is the Wiluna Uranium Project in Western Australia. Wiluna is expected to become Australia’s next uranium producer.
The advanced development-stage project hosts six deposits with a regional JORC-compliant resource of 76.5 million pounds of U3O8 with more than 80% in the Measured and Indicated categories.
Environmental approvals for a 1.3M tpy processing facility and mining at the Centipede and Lake Way deposits are in place. Permitting is now underway for the Millipede and Lake Maitland deposits and approval is expected in 2016. A positive Scoping Study has been completed and completion of a final Feasibility Study is expected in 2016.
Toro Energy is managed by an experienced Board and Management team with proven technical and commercial skills in all stages of mining with emphasis in the Australian resources and uranium industries.
“Anyone who invests in uranium . . . believes in the future of nuclear power and particularly its role in climate change . . . because nuclear power does have a strong role in the future of energy production,” Dr. Vanessa Guthrie, Toro Energy Managing Director.
- Australia is the world’s third-largest producer of uranium and a preferred supplier to East Asian markets.
- Toro Energy Managing Director, Dr. Vanessa Guthrie appointed to the Australian-India CEO Forum.
- The Wiluna Uranium Project most advanced Australian uranium development project.
- 2Mlb/a U3O8 production for a minimum of 16 years.
- Current market capitalization approximately $150M.
- Further development and exploration stage assets in the portfolio.
- Sufficient government environmental approvals in place to progress mine development subject to finance.
- Upcoming catalysts:
- further environmental approval for Millipede and Lake Maitland deposits in 2016.
- traditional owner agreements.
- final Feasibility Study is expected for completion in 2016.
- Major Shareholders include
- The Sentient Group,
- RealFin Capital partners
- Mega Uranium
- OZ Minerals