Developing Global Consumer-Focused Cannabis Brands
Geyser Brands Inc. (TSXV:GYSR) is a leading consumer healthcare company aiming to build some of the world’s most loved cannabis products and brands. The company develops health and wellness brands that resonate with consumers across North America, Asia, and Europe.
Geyser Brands has acquired brands in the cannabis and hemp sector with proprietary intellectual property (IP), brands and formulations. Four of the recently acquired brands are Apawthecary Pets, Apothecary Naturals, Apothecary Ink and WildTail Pets. These brands serve the recreational and medical cannabis markets as well as the pet health and wellness market nationwide.
The well-established Apawthecary Pets brand is currently distributed through 300 stores across Canada including Bosley’s, PetSmart, Petland, Pharmasave, Shoppers Drug Mart and Pet Valu, among others. Geyser Brands intends to launch the WildTail Pets brand in Japan, the US, the UK and Canada in the near term and is currently in discussions for purchase orders and distribution agreements with several companies in Asia.
Geyser Brands owns a 7,000-square-foot cultivation facility in Port Coquitlam, British Columbia that received its cultivation license in October 2018 and its processing license in June 2019. The company is also awaiting approval for its R&D and sales licenses which will allow the company to develop new product formulations and enter international markets.
Geyser Brands has commenced construction on a GMP-compliant manufacturing facility. The facility is expected to provide the company with in-house formulated products for future brands and white label solutions. Geyser Brands is currently generating revenue through its licensed producer subsidiary.
Geyser Brands has also developed an advanced delivery system that quickly and efficiently transports therapeutic agents directly into the bloodstream. The company’s NanoFusion technology uses nano-emulsions to counteract water insolubility and increase bioavailability to provide consistent and effective dosing.
Geyser Brands Company Highlights
- Recently closed the Solace acquisition to facilitate international expansion and provide additional revenue streams.
- Apawthecary Pets products sold in 300 pet stores and 40 veterinarian clinics across Canada.
- WildTail Pets is the first company to infuse hemp into freeze-dried pet food.
- Distribution network includes retailers such as Bosley’s, PetSmart, Petland, Pharmasave, Shoppers Drug Mart and Pet Valu, among others.
- 7,000-square-foot cultivation facility granted cultivation license in October 2018.
- Commenced revenue generation at the cultivation facility in March 2019.
- NanoFusion technology provides superior bioavailability, enhanced permeation, improved site-specific targeting and longer shelf life and stability of molecules regardless of product type.