Lake Resources (ASX:LKE) has launched its campaign on the Investing News Network’s resource channel.
Lake Resources is a lithium exploration company in development of three lithium brine projects located in Argentina. The company’s trio of projects are among the largest within the Lithium Triange, an area host to over 50 percent of the world’s total lithium supply. Lake Resources is currently focused on the Kachi lithium project located 100 kilometers south of FMC Lithium’s (NYSE:LTHM) Hombre Muerto lithium brine production site. A mineral resource estimate was established on the property in 2018 revealing 4.4 million tonnes of contained lithium carbonate equivalent (LCE). The report outlines an indicated resource of 1 million tonnes of LCE with an inferred resource of 3.4 million tonnes LCE.
Lake Resources has partnered together with Lilac Solutions Inc. in order to develop a direct extraction pilot plant at the Kachi project. Lilac has developed a proprietary ion-exchange technology that could enable the recovery of high-grade lithium from brine resources at minimal costs. Lake Resources is expected to incorporate the new pilot plant into an upcoming pre-feasibility study (PFS) as it works towards production.
Lake Resources’ company highlights include the following:
- Three wholly-owned projects in stable mining jurisdictions in Argentina.
- Projects are near major lithium brine properties operated by FMC Lithium, Lithium Americas, SQM, Ganfeng Lithium and Advantage Lithium.
- Kachi property has a mineral resource estimate of 4.4 million tonnes of contained lithium carbonate equivalent.
- PFS development underway.
- In talks with downstream battery partners for the development of Kachi.
- Partnership in place with Lilac Solutions for direct brine extraction pilot plant.
- Cauchari and Olaroz are thought to be extensions of neighboring resources.
- Drilling underway at Cauchari project.
- Drilling expected to commence at Olaroz project in the near term.