Beauce Gold: Placer to Hard Rock Gold Exploration in Southern Quebec
Beauce Gold Fields Inc. (TSXV:BGF) has launched its campaign on the Investing News Network’s resource channel.
Beauce Gold is a gold exploration company focused on placer and hard rock exploration in the Beauce region of southern Quebec. Beauce is using a model similar to that used in the Klondike and Cariboo gold districts with the hopes that the model will allow the company to trace the placer gold back to its source, sparking a new gold rush. The Beauce region was home to Canada’s first gold rush in 1860, which was host to the largest historical placer gold deposit in the eastern half of North America.
The Beauce Gold region’s historical significance is part of the reason both major and junior mining companies are paying close attention to the area. Major gold companies like Barrick Gold (TSX:ABX), Newmont Mining (NYSE:NEM) and Osisko Gold Royalties (TSX:OR) have all made previous investments in the Klondike and Cariboo, leading juniors to believe there is significant potential for mergers and acquisitions in the future. In the meantime, Beauce Gold is expected to continue to explore the Beauce Gold project. The company recently completed a large-scale gravimetric survey over the fault on the property, revealing that the fault extends over 4.5 kilometers in alignment with other placer gold mines.
Beauce Gold’s company highlights include the following:
- Operating in an underexplored area in southern Quebec.
- Wholly-owns its Beauce Gold Fields project.
- The project has the support of the local communities.
- The company has secured written agreements from the surrounding landholders to conduct gold exploration on their properties.
- Utilizing a placer to hard rock exploration model to find the source of the placer gold in the region which has been successful in the Klondike and Cariboo gold rush areas.
- The property hosts a six-kilometer-long unconsolidated gold-bearing sedimentary unit. (Historical Placer Gold Deposit)
- A significant fault identified on the property under a former placer gold mining operation.
- The fault extends over 4.5 kilometers and is in alignment with old placer gold mines.
- Exploration program is underway with follow-up drilling to follow.