Resource Big News Roundup: Pistol Bay Options Out Fredart-Gerry Lake Properties; Surge Acquires Additional Gold-Copper Mineral Claim in the Golden Triangle; Orsu Metals Expands the Footprint of Its Sergeevskoe Gold Project
In case you missed it, here is this week’s resource big news roundup.
On Wednesday, the S&P/TSX Composite Index (INDEXTSI:OSPTX) rebounded after Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam announced the withdrawal of the extradition bill. This news was bolstered by the US Federal Reserve’s Beige Book, which suggested that the US economy should grow at a modest pace despite the US-China trade war uncertainties. The index received another bump up the following day as trade talks continue between the US and China. On Friday, oil stocks dragged the index down 1.2 percent as uncertainty over renewed US-China trade talks, which are expected to resume in October.
As for the S&P/TSX Venture Composite Index (INDEXTSI:JX), it dropped sharply this morning but is expected to finish on the rise. Eight of the 12 Toronto subgroups went south in the first hour with energy stocks experiencing a 1.5 percent loss. Industrials were down 0.6 percent and information technology dipped by 0.4 percent. The three gainers today were health-care at two percent, consumer staples at 0.3 percent and financials 0.04 percent. Communication shares remained unchanged.
In case you missed it, here is this week’s resource big news roundup:
- Standard Lithium Announces Successful Delivery and Begins Installation of Phases 1 & 2 of Its Direct Lithium Extraction Demonstration Plant to the Arkansas Project Site
- First Cobalt Awards Contracts for Refinery Studies
- Surge Acquires Additional Gold-Copper Mineral Claim in British Columbia’s Golden Triangle
- Sirios Obtains up to 97 percent Gold Recovery Including 88 percent by Gravity on the Cheechoo project
- Great Bear Drills Multiple Gold Discoveries Along 3.2 km of the LP Fault at Dixie: Drilling at New “Auro” Zone, a 2.6 km Step-Out from Bear-Rimini, Intersects 101.71 g/t Gold Over 1.50 m Within 42.00 m of 5.28 g/t Gold at 80 m Depth; Yuma Zone Intercepts Include 27.77 g/t Gold Over 2.00 m Within 11.08 g/t Gold Over 7.00 m
- Angkor Gold Corp. Becomes Angkor Resources Corp.
- Renforth’s Malartic West Property Sampled for 8.08 Percent Cu in Surface Discovery
- Orsu Metals Materially Extends the Footprint of Its Sergeevskoe Gold Project, Russia
- NV Gold Utilizes Internal Geological Database to Stake and Acquire Sandy Gold Project in Lyon County, Nevada
- Prime Meridian Options the Camping Lake and Bruce Lake Projects in the Red Lake District of Ontario