The Australian tin miner was able to expand the its Razorback site, and was also able to explore potential sites for future development.
Stellar Resources (ASX:SRZ) released its Q2 financial and operational update. The Australian tin miner was able to expand the its Razorback site, and was also able to explore potential sites for future development.
As quoted from the press release:
- Study into an exploration decline to access the Lower Queen Hill and
Severn deposits underway
- Razorback EL11/2017 expanded to include a further tin target
- Trench samples from the Razorback pit highlight potential at depth
- Tin tailings assays and preliminary metallurgy show potential for low cost
gravity concentrate production
- Cash balance of AU$1.2m as at 30 June 2018
- Tin market fundamentals remain solid and support a strong price recovery from the current over-sold level
- Targets for September Quarter 2018
- Bulk sample metallurgical test of Razorback tin tailings
- Petrographic characterization of Lower Queen Hill and Montana cassiterite
- Development of tin targets along the Razorback and Grand Prize Faults
- Completion of St Dizier ML assessment
“Stellar is advancing its tin assets on several fronts. The company is investigating opportunities for quicker access to tin production through exploration and metallurgical testing of the Razorback open pit and tailings dam. It is also considering the cost and benefits of accessing the Lower Queen Hill and Severn deposits with an exploration decline. In addition, the company is focused on opportunities for additional investment in tin and other battery materials,” said managing director, Peter Blight.