Avanti Mining Inc. (TSXV:AVT) announced that it has received assays from the next 12 holes of its 2011 drill program at the Kitsault Mine molybdenum project located in northwest British Colombia.
As quoted in the press release:
Drill highlights include:
Roundy Creek Results:
- Hole RC11-14 intersected 147.8 meters averaging 0.104% molybdenum and 2.2 g/t silver
- Hole RC11-15 intersected 138 meters averaging 0.068% molybdenum and 1.8 g/t silver
- Hole RC11-16 intersected 96 meters averaging 0.187% molybdenum and 1.4 g/t silver that included 39 meters averaging 0.395% molybdenum and 1.1 g/t silver
- Hole RC11-17 intersected 48.8 meters averaging 0.091% molybdenum and 1.0 g/t silver but had to be abandoned because of ground conditions just as it encountered higher grade material. The azimuth was changed by 5 degrees and the hole redrilled as RC11-17A described below.
- Hole RC11-17A intersected 85.4 meters averaging 0.378% molybdenum and 27.8 g/t silver that included 40.4 meters at 0.731% molybdenum and 55.6 g/t silver within which was 9 meters averaging 2.25% molybdenum. This is a new zone of high grade mineralization not detected by previous drilling.
- Hole RC11-18 intersected 109.8 meters averaging 0.100% molybdenum and 1.4 g/t silver
- Hole RC11-19 intersected 69 meters averaging 0.058% molybdenum and 1.0 g/t silver
Kitsault Results – South of Patsy Creek
- Hole K11-22 intersected four distinct zones including; 89.9 meters averaging 0.062% molybdenum and 5.2 g/t silver, 30 meters averaging 0.078% molybdenum and 6.3 g/t silver, 225 meters averaging 0.055% molybdenum and 12.6 g/t Ag and lastly, 140.5 meters averaging 0.078% molybdenum and 17.2 g/t silver. The hole bottomed in mineralization and except for approximately 57 meters of below cut-off material was mineralized for its entire 542.6 meter length.
- Hole K11-25 intersected 188.4 meters averaging 0.059% molybdenum and 6.0 g/t silver and bottomed in mineralization.
- Hole K11-27 intersected two zones but was drilled south of the deposit to explore untested ground in that direction. The two zones returned 24 meters averaging 0.032% molybdenum and 6.4 g/t silver and 21 meters averaging 0.031% molybdenum and 7.5 g/t silver.
- Hole K11-29 intersected 149.4 meters averaging 0.059% molybdenum and 6.0 g/t silver and bottomed in mineralization.
- Hole K11-36 intersected two distinct zones including; 174 meters averaging 0.071% molybdenum and 6.0 g/t silver and 261 meters averaging 0.079% molybdenum and 6.7 g/t silver and bottomed in mineralization. Except for a 18 meter section of below cut-off material, it was mineralized from 72 meters to its end at 524.3 meters.