Kibaran Resources Ltd. (ASX:KNL) announced the maiden JORC-compliant mineral resource estimate for its Tanzania-based Merelani East deposit.
Kibaran Resources Ltd. (ASX:KNL) announced the maiden JORC-compliant mineral resource estimate for its Tanzania-based Merelani East deposit. It comes to 17.2 million tonnes grading 6.5 percent total graphitic carbon (TGC) for 1,120,000 tonnes of contained graphite in the inferred category.
Other highlights include:
- Located within the world class Merelani Graphite Province with a recognised sales history
- Exceptional metallurgical results which are directly comparable to neighbouring Block C deposit
- Mineral Resource estimate covers only 15% of Kibaran’s 100% owned tenement position and mineralisation remains open in all directions
- Strong results highlight stand-alone project potential and support Kibaran’s strategy of establishing a second production centre
- Exclusivity for neighbouring Block C deposit renewed
The press release also states:
As the Company continues to fast track its flagship Epanko Graphite Project to production, the results emerging from Merelani East demonstrate that it is now a significant asset within Kibaran’s portfolio of graphite properties in Tanzania.
A key advantage of the Merelani East deposit is that occurs within a brownfields graphite province that has past production, proven processing flow sheet design and a recognised graphite sales history. This is generating considerable interest from traders and end users in the graphite industry and provides confidence that the Company’s Merelani Arusha Graphite project will support a second graphite operation after the development of Epanko.