The company said first shipment will consist of 10,000t zinc concentrate, delivered on schedule and within contract specifications to one of the largest smelters in China.
New Century Resources (ASX:NCZ) has announced the initiation of zinc concentrate loading on the MV Wunma and export from the restarted Century operations in Queensland, Australia.
As highlighted in the press release:
- Successful loading of zinc concentrate at Karumba Port onto the MV Wunma
- First shipment will consist of 10,000t zinc concentrate, delivered on schedule and within contract specifications to one of the largest smelters in China
- Attractive commercial terms achieved for the first shipment, including zero penalty for lead and only an immaterial penalty for silica
- First shipment of 10,000t has allowed the Company to complete another forward sale of 10,000t of zinc concentrate, generating a further AU$15.3M in revenue
- Strong demand for current commissioning concentrate production via further sales, bids received from existing offtake partners & interest from other producers
- First shipment represents a major milestone for the Company just 15 months after listing New Century Resources on the ASX