Midlands Minerals Corp. (TSXV:MEX) announced the results of three holes drilled as part of the Phase 1 exploration program taking place at its Serbia-based Parlozi project. The company is “encouraged” by the results and will conclude this stage of the program by mid-September.
- Core drill results over apparent drill widths include:
- 2.2% lead, 5.6% zinc and 42 g/t silver over 2.55 metres,
- 2.5% lead, 3.8% zinc and 174 g/t silver over 2.95 metres (340 g/t silver equivalent),
- 2.4% lead, 4.0% zinc and 34 g/t silver over 2.70 metres,
- 2.8% lead, 2.7% zinc and 40 g/t silver over 1.70 metres,
- 5.3% lead, 0.1% zinc and 623 g/t silver over 1.10 metres (780 g/t silver equivalent).
- Geophysical orientation, cultural and hydrological baseline surveys successfully completed.
Craig Pearman, president and CEO of Midlands, commented:
The Phase 1 drill results are important to the Company in that they continue to validate the historic resource and also underline Midlands’ belief that Parlozi is a district scale zinc-lead-silver opportunity with significant potential to host mineralization outside of the historic resource area. The Company will continue to deliver on the Phase 1 objectives by drilling the remaining budgeted metres to test the up dip extension of the Parlozi prospect mineralization and to test the application of detailed gravity in this environment.
Click here to read the full Midlands Minerals Corp. (TSXV:MEX) press release.