The company’s managing director said the high-grade, massive sulfide drill intersections from the sparsely drilled central zone confirm that the area has the potential to significantly increase Oposura’s resource base.
Azure Minerals (ASX:AZS) has announced that the company’s drilling of the central zone at its Oposura project in Sonora, Mexico, has intersected high-grade zinc, lead and silver mineralization.
The company reported these results for the central zone:
- OPDH-173: 12.0m at 7.7 percent zinc-lead from 44.00m; including 4.1m at 12.5 percent zinc-lead
- OPDH-178: 9.5m at 18.9 percent zinc-lead from 23.05m; including 6.2m at 26.6 percent zinc-lead
And these results for the east zone into the central zone:
- OPDH-159: 4.8m at 19.3 percent zinc-lead and 122 grams per tonne (g/t) silver from 107.05m
- OPDH-171: 4.4m at 20.4 percent zinc-lead and 294g/t silver from 99.05m
- OPDH-177: 4.6m at 36.9 percent zinc-lead and 138g/t silver from 107.55m
Managing director of Azure, Tony Rovira said:
“These latest, high-grade, massive sulfide drill intersections from the sparsely drilled central zone confirm that this area has the potential to significantly increase Oposura’s resource base. They continue to build on the very positive results from the Oposura scoping study and confirm potential to extend the mine life and further improve the already impressive project economics.”